VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window still goes down automatically but to make it go up i now have to have to hold the button continuously. It just started doing it this afternoon. Is my car possessored or what's wrong?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (discover_24)

Did you just have the battery diconected before this started happening? On my car, after diconecting the battery this happens and I have to put the windows all the way up and down(without stoping in the midle) a few times while holding the button down the whole time to get the auto feature to start working again. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (momoVR6)

bump for common interest.
although i never knew it was supposed to go all the way up one-touch?

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (momoVR6)

Quote, originally posted by momoVR6 »
Did you just have the battery diconected before this started happening? On my car, after diconecting the battery this happens and I have to put the windows all the way up and down(without stoping in the midle) a few times while holding the button down the whole time to get the auto feature to start working again. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

hes right. This usually happens if your battery was recently dead or disconnected. Takes a few up/down cycles to learn.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (discover_24)

so is this feature on all mkIII's or just 97 and up?

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (twiztidvw)

You need to put the key in the driver door...unlock and then hold to let them all go down all the way. Then wait a sec, and go torwards lock to put them all up...at some point you tripped the pinch protection feature and you need to rest it...
And one touch up was only in the '98's and up....

Sean

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (EuroStyle)

Quote, originally posted by EuroStyle »
You need to put the key in the driver door...unlock and then hold to let them all go down all the way. Then wait a sec, and go torwards lock to put them all up...at some point you tripped the pinch protection feature and you need to rest it...
And one touch up was only in the '98's and up....

Sean

wow you know your stuff....i didn't know that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Windows still doing one touch down but one touch up stopped working???? (LIGtiGuy)

I tried the method of putting them up and down a few times and after the fourth time the automatic windows kicked in again. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts