VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I drive my GTI for the first time in two weeks saturday night, it starts up fine and I put the defroster on full blast while I scrape the windshield. 20min later on the mass pike I notice a 4" crack across the base of the windshield, right where the defroster vent is aimed. after driving around all night the crack is 18" long. any ideas on windshield replacement in MA? Does Giant do a good job, and can they still replace it outside when it's this cold? Also, I'd rather have this done by a service that would come to my parent's house or dad's office, since i'm at school and it's a pain in the ass to get home and take care of the car. thanks

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Re: windshield replacement in MA (96Passat2.0)

quote:[HR][/HR]executive is the place to use...I'll use them again http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Got to second that, did mine in August. No leaks wind noise, nothing. Very neat and clean job, no extra sealant inside the car.

·
Banned
4,651 Posts
Re: windshield replacement in MA (protijy)

executive tell them you want a factory replacement. And you better break the female puppy dog cause insurance co. s arent covering poop anymore unless its hammered. (spark plugs work great and silent to!)

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: windshield replacement in MA (germantoy)

well at 90mph there's enough of an airleak to feel if I put my hand near the crack, and oncoming headlights create a nice little glare...so i think it's done. my ins co better cover the focker, considering what we pay them

does executive come to your house/office? my dad said he'd be happy to drive it to work if they can come fix it there. thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
11,046 Posts
Re: windshield replacement in MA (Zwoobah)

call them and they will come to you. if you call early in the morning they will send a truck that day. if you call after all the trucks are out they will send one the next day. you can bring it to them too. there is one on montvale ave in woburn right off of 93
oh yea, if you drop it off there, they will give you a ride back to work. or they will send 2 guys and one of them will drive your car to the place. i passed on that option.

[Modified by Bob Opla, 4:31 PM 1-28-2003]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts