VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield wipers seem to have stopped working. The fuse was blown so i replaced it, but fuse continues to blow everytime and wipers do nothing. Any ideas what the problem could be? Relay, wiper motor, wiper switch?

· Registered
9 Posts
Re: windshield wipers don't work (Spankee)

This just happened to me last week, and going through a box of fuses and "troubleshooting "
,I determined that it was the motor. I purchased one from a junkyard for $20 (plus my burnt out motor).. 1/2 hour later i was back in business...pretty simple to fix, hope this helps...

james

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Re: windshield wipers don't work (brentski)

I see you're in MI. Is your car in the snow/ice? If so, try to clear up the ice from around the wipers and detatch frozen blades from the glass. The motor is likely bound up in ice and can't move, thus drawing too much current and blowing the fuse.
I believe the Bentley shows how to get to the wiper motor but if you're having difficulties then my Bonrath page may help out as well http://www.icbm.org/erkson/per...x.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.