VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this feature on the Gli. I followed instructions in manual: turn ignition on momentarily and push down on wiper control. All this does is move the blades to vertical. Easier for changing but I would like to move them out to keep the blades from freezing to the glass.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: winter position on wipers (shadydevil)

Quote, originally posted by shadydevil »
Is this feature on the Gli. I followed instructions in manual: turn ignition on momentarily and push down on wiper control. All this does is move the blades to vertical. Easier for changing but I would like to move them out to keep the blades from freezing to the glass.

You answered your own question. When they're in the "service position" you can pull them off the glass and leave them there. Just don't start the car with them left there, or they'll forcefully go back down hitting the edge of the hood.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: winter position on wipers (VWYankee)

Since there was no pictures I had figured that in concealed position the blades would pop a 1/2 inch off the glass by themselves. So it is a mnual function. thanks for replying.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: winter position on wipers (jetta v)

Quote, originally posted by jetta v »
no, you can start the car with them up just don't push the the switch with them up after starting the car. the switch is what reactivates them, not starting the car.

It may be different settings in different cars, but I'm certain it happens on ours after about 5 seconds of the car being ON.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: winter position on wipers (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »
It may be different settings in different cars, but I'm certain it happens on ours after about 5 seconds of the car being ON.

I dont know about all mkV's but I have a 06 GLI and my wife has a 05.5 2.5 and both cars can be turned on with it in service and only when you turn on the wipers again does it go back down. maybe its vag-com option to go out of service mode when car turns on?

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (fr3sh)

Quote, originally posted by fr3sh »
I have an 06 2.5 Jetta and use the wiper service mode all the time. My whipers do not go back to their original position until the vehicle is moving or the wipers are turned on.

Just realized I left out a little smidge of info. I was cleaning the car, so I moved it 10ft, and they came crashing down.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »
Just realized I left out a little smidge of info. I was cleaning the car, so I moved it 10ft, and they came crashing down.

now it makes sense, good to know that I cant move the car if wipers are up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.