VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Post to follow thread - nice projects! Glad I was able to find my old login :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious, are the $60 keys a special hook up that you have or is that something you would be willing to share?

Asking because in the 7 years that I have had my R32, I've only had one key. Keyless entry features haven't worked since I went in the ocean with it 3 years ago. Never felt the $400 I was quoted for new keys was worth it. $60 though is definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
87,843 Posts
Curious, are the $60 keys a special hook up that you have or is that something you would be willing to share?

Asking because in the 7 years that I have had my R32, I've only had one key. Keyless entry features haven't worked since I went in the ocean with it 3 years ago. Never felt the $400 I was quoted for new keys was worth it. $60 though is definitely worth it.

I’d say even $150-200 is worth it for a fresh key. I need one. My second is a brick.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)
Post to follow thread - nice projects! Glad I was able to find my old login :)

welcome!!

there's a shop called www.tunemyeuro.com, they sell keys that you can program yourself and you get to rent their tool to do so. Nothing special, key is $60 and tool is $525 to rent but you get $500 back when you return it. Note these are cut via picture you send them and proof you own the car.

PM me if you have more questions. I have no affiliation with the company.

I’d say even $150-200 is worth it for a fresh key. I need one. My second is a brick.
I'm let you know how this goes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
You what? 150-200 USD for a new key? Crickey... Down here in Spain I was able to get a new key from a shop that does keys (duh) and chipping and they only charged me 50 euros (60USD) and they were done in 15 minutes...

Sheesh

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,354 Posts
Damn man I thought I was bad! 🤣 Nice get on the silver one and I love your plan. You can have fun working on and driving your investments.

I just pulled my Monsoon H/U out of the drawer it has been in for three years. I promise it will be headed your way this week. Sorry again for the delay - out of sight, out of mind.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,843 Posts
there's a shop called www.tunemyeuro.com, they sell keys that you can program yourself and you get to rent their tool to do so. Nothing special, key is $60 and tool is $525 to rent but you get $500 back when you return it. Note these are cut via picture you send them and proof you own the car.

PM me if you have more questions. I have no affiliation with the company.
I've bought a few things from Andrew in the past, and have even used the tool mentioned when I bought a mk4 with only one key a few years back. However, talking with him and people that have known him and worked with/for him, his personality makes him NOT a good person to own a business and I try not to buy things from him if I can help it, because it almost certainly won't end well if anything goes wrong. Your mileage may vary, but just FYI.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
You what? 150-200 USD for a new key? Crickey... Down here in Spain I was able to get a new key from a shop that does keys (duh) and chipping and they only charged me 50 euros (60USD) and they were done in 15 minutes...
Sheesh
we wish, last time I got a key from a dealership involved, a tow, a key, programming
Damn man I thought I was bad! 🤣 Nice get on the silver one and I love your plan. You can have fun working on and driving your investments.

I just pulled my Monsoon H/U out of the drawer it has been in for three years. I promise it will be headed your way this week. Sorry again for the delay - out of sight, out of mind.
All good man, LMK what I owe ya!!

you know what's better than an R32 winter project?
Two R32 winter projects!
not for the wallet hahah. BUt damn its fun!

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
picked up some 5x100 to 5x112 hub adapters, can't wait to experiment with wheels .

Reactions: Atl-Atl

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,437 Posts
Ohhhh. What do you have in mind?

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Ohhhh. What do you have in mind?
I'm always a fan of Neuspeed wheels ... might throw those RSe10s with 245/40/18 Hakka 8s on there first and drive the car in the winter a bit, but I'm more curious how the 19" and 20" wheels LOOK ... Never been done before until hopefully I get a chance to show them off. I have 3 different 5x112 set of wheels and just sold the 4th to a local buddy. I'm going to be test fitting a few sets, but I'm always about the small tire fat rubber kinda thing, hopefully I'll end up with some 17" wheels and some 245/45/17 tires :)

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Got my missing clutch pedal cover ...

Harness for the W8 dome light came from Germany from Kufatec ... if you need a harness of any sort they're the guys ... (No affiliation just good experience sofar)

Exhaust getting installed as we speak at NurTechnik.

Reactions: slngshot

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well its done, exhaust is in, hopefully no leaks, the suspension creaks fixed. It purrs nicely. Waiting for me to pick it up from NurTechnik, they were nice enough to post this on their FB feed LOL.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
well ...no CEL, only outstanding issue is the slight rust and driver side seat.

dropped off the silver one for an oil leak we'll see what we find.

Now to focus on the few outstanding issues on the interior and it'll be ready to be stored for a bit.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Current parking situation needs to be resolved LOL.

Blue R32 got the original driver seat put in ... now I need to drive to Chicago to get them rewrapped.
Got a new key programmed from tunemyeuro ... rented the tool and programmed all the keys for the Silver and the Blue R. Now I have 3 keys for the Blue R32 and 2 for the Silver which only came with a non-remote version.

The funny thing is when they cut the key for the silver one, I accidentally sent them the picture of the Blue R32 keys ... So oops .. got another new key by accident.

Now to return the tool and get my $500 deposit back.

Blue R32:
Next up:
Replace the broken windshielf cowl
Get new wheels/tires and sell the RPF01s
Replace the oil pan as it leaks a little even with the JB weld.

Silver R32:
#1 priority right now - Fix the broken window that fell off the track
Addressed the valve cover gasket oil leak, needs to get the one on the transmission addressed as well.
More mods:
Install armrest
Get new wheels and tires, offload the black ones

Additional note, sold the TTRS yesterday, and got another R32 from NJ as I previously mentioned. It's a 2 owner with 67k miles, it's en route as my dad picked it up and grabbed the exhaust I got from AtomicAlex about 3 months ago LOL.

Reactions: oidoglr

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Current parking situation needs to be resolved LOL.

Blue R32 got the original driver seat put in ... now I need to drive to Chicago to get them rewrapped.
Got a new key programmed from tunemyeuro ... rented the tool and programmed all the keys for the Silver and the Blue R. Now I have 3 keys for the Blue R32 and 2 for the Silver which only came with a non-remote version.

The funny thing is when they cut the key for the silver one, I accidentally sent them the picture of the Blue R32 keys ... So oops .. got another new key by accident.

Now to return the tool and get my $500 deposit back.

Blue R32:
Next up:
Replace the broken windshielf cowl
Get new wheels/tires and sell the RPF01s
Replace the oil pan as it leaks a little even with the JB weld.

Silver R32:
#1 priority right now - Fix the broken window that fell off the track
Addressed the valve cover gasket oil leak, needs to get the one on the transmission addressed as well.
More mods:
Install armrest
Get new wheels and tires, offload the black ones

Additional note, sold the TTRS yesterday, and got another R32 from NJ as I previously mentioned. It's a 2 owner with 67k miles, it's en route as my dad picked it up and grabbed the exhaust I got from AtomicAlex about 3 months ago LOL.

Dang man, save some of them for the rest of us!

·
Premium Member
87,843 Posts
Definitely save some .:Rs for the rest of us bro!

How much fun did you have getting that clutch pedal cover on?

·
Registered
16,328 Posts
fixed it for you. :D

hopefully your dad made it home safely - saw a winter storm was heading through MN and WI. 🍺

Additional note, sold the TTRS yesterday, and got another R32 from NJ as I previously mentioned. It's a 2 owner with 67k miles, it's en route as my dad picked it up and grabbed the exhaust I got from n0rdicalex. about 3 months ago LOL.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts