VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

61 - 80 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Car is dropped off for oil changes in the engine, haldex, and brake flush. We'll get to the bottom of the suspension issues as well. Rear diff oil is apparently lifetime .. so we'll leave that as is (for now). Got the rubber grommet around the antenna (TY for that @n0rdicalex.)

Next up, sell the RPF-1 as they will fund another set of Aristos, calipers are gonna need to be redone as the paint is faded.

Air Filter, Cabin Air filter ordered as well.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,774 Posts

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
Oh! I had missed this until now. It’s such an interesting car (in a good way) and I’d like to see how this progresses.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
If you want an OEM Monsoon HU in great shape with code, I'll donate it.
Also - ECS Tuning still has sets of OEM Aristos. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...MI3e6Z9tvL7AIVkozICh2_6wejEAYYAiABEgINCfD_BwE
Let me know what you'd want for it, I'll cover shipping and whatever your asking price ;)
My dad is picking up the 2nd R32 I'm getting and that has a set as a spare, I'll put those on this thing for the interim so I can sell these RPFs. Yikes .. locally they're $400-500/set.

God I miss being in the realm of 1500 dollar sets of wheels :(
I think we all would LOVE to have this problem :p.

Oh! I had missed this until now. It’s such an interesting car (in a good way) and I’d like to see how this progresses.
Yeah it's gonna be fun!

Oh forgot to mention, the fuel filter is getting replaced as well. The rear exhaust hangers are apparently tired and need to be replaced. I'm on the lookout for a stock exhaust, or have a shop fab up some hangars.

·
Registered
88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
23,835 Posts
Let me know what you'd want for it, I'll cover shipping and whatever your asking price ;)
My dad is picking up the 2nd R32 I'm getting and that has a set as a spare, I'll put those on this thing for the interim so I can sell these RPFs. Yikes .. locally they're $400-500/set.
Just PM your shipping address and I'll get it out to you. Just taking up space. :thumbup:

I bought a new set for my 20th from ECS and man there is just something about a brand new set of Aristos. :heart:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just PM your shipping address and I'll get it out to you. Just taking up space. :thumbup:

I bought a new set for my 20th from ECS and man there is just something about a brand new set of Aristos. :heart:
PM incoming. I do agree, new set would be ideal but there are so many other pressing issues to be sorted LOL. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I have a stock system with 42DD 4" stainless tips and functioning flapper. if you want to drive to Indianapolis it's yours. :p
So...my dad is passing through next week... would this fit inside of an R32?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
So...my dad is passing through next week... would this fit inside of an R32?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought it from a Canadian fella who delivered it to me on his way to Wookies in the Woods... in his RS mk4 R32.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just found this thread today. I like where this is going!

I've only had the pleasure of riding in a DSG equipped MK5 R32 around VIR and that VR6 sounds great!

Can't wait to see more pictures as it progresses.

Vince

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I bought it from a Canadian fella who delivered it to me on his way to Wookies in the Woods... in his RS mk4 R32.
I'll ping you via PM and we can go from there, there needs to be some sort of compensation. The exhaust on this thing is tired and needs to be replaced. I can't believe how awesome this community is. TY guys/gals!! :heart::heart::heart:

I just found this thread today. I like where this is going!
I've only had the pleasure of riding in a DSG equipped MK5 R32 around VIR and that VR6 sounds great!
Can't wait to see more pictures as it progresses.
Vince
It's at the shop right now, oil change, haldex oil change, I'll do coil packs, wires, plugs, and all the other easy stuff.

Top Stich Upholstery got back to me and they're about $800 lab +cost of materials per seat to get redone. Roughly about $2k all in, and I found a mint set in California for $1650, with shipping it's about $2k as well. Which way do I go?

Also the postal service lost the rubber grommet I ordered for the antenna ..:facepalm:

·
Registered
9,909 Posts

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
Jesus christ. I sold mine for $12.5 and it was an absolute peach compared to this thing.:(:mad:
Don’t even get me started. I sold a solid ‘60 Kombi (Microbus) for $3,000 about 25 years ago. it was a solid Bus, and would probably bring $25-30k nowadays. Sigh.

·
Registered
34,271 Posts
If I remember right, VW Classic doesn't ship to the US at the moment.

I found a workaround recently where I got a non-North-American part for my mkV Jetta from an eBay seller in Latvia -- when I got it, turns out it came from VW Classic, per the sticker on the bag.
Yep, that's the quickest/easiest way to get something from VW Classic. Prices are good as well.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
Depends how mint mint is. OEM quality is pretty hard to beat, but if they're 50% worn and a bolster comes apart in a couple years, you chose poorly.
Well I should have my eyes checked, the seats in question were reupholstered, which I can do for then roughly the same cost ... :facepalm:. Less hassle and I can customize the work being done. I have another reupholster shop to hit up, but I just passed on a decent front set for $1k. :banghead:

With that said, we've gained some traction thanks to MK4 facebook groups. I've picked up a set of OEM Xenon HIDs and ballasts for a great price.

Also got an armrest :eek:, that's being shipped next week.

If I remember right, VW Classic doesn't ship to the US at the moment.

I found a workaround recently where I got a non-North-American part for my mkV Jetta from an eBay seller in Latvia -- when I got it, turns out it came from VW Classic, per the sticker on the bag.
I have this covered, have friends and family that can ship stuff out. I'll get this thing going as I find more parts to pickup. Latvia is the bee's knee's ... they're the place to be to get VW parts.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Picked up some Halogen to Xenon Adapters from Kufatec.de

Also, bought another ring for the antenna :banghead:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
another day another part.

got the missing bumper grille.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Good lord, I am gone for two days and the amount of work already progressing is awesome!

Really nice to see the community here helping out as well.

61 - 80 of 203 Posts