81 - 100 of 203 Posts

·
How do I resize a picture?
17,669 Posts
Loving all the progress. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Awesome seeing your progress! I am finally getting some seat time in one - good grief it's fun to feel it pull through the gears.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Good lord, I am gone for two days and the amount of work already progressing is awesome!

Really nice to see the community here helping out as well.
Yeah man, this is pretty awesome. I need to figure out how to get to Ohio and steal that exhaust from Atomicalex :laugh::laugh:

Loving all the progress. :thumbup:
TY!

Make sure you have someone (or yourself?!) aim those headlights. Mine had Hella E-Codes and the PO didn't have them aimed. People HATED me until they were fixed.
Oh for sure, I don't want the middle fingers unless I'm beating them in a race.

Awesome seeing your progress! I am finally getting some seat time in one - good grief it's fun to feel it pull through the gears.
They are fun for sure.

Update sofar, as far as fluids:
Fuel filter replaced
Oil and filter replaced
Haldex Oil flush
Brake Fluid flush

Air and cabin filters coming tomorrow.

The suspension needs a lot of things, so we're aiming for OEM+ here, I have to see where the prices/costs come up until point. But I think we're $2k in sofar and probably another $2k with brakes, coilpacks, plugs, new oilpan.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Yeah man, this is pretty awesome. I need to figure out how to get to Ohio and steal that exhaust from Atomicalex :laugh::laugh:
I think you mean me in Indianapolis (the midwest blends together). :laugh:

I'll have to get the exhaust off my R32, but that's an exercise of jack stands and couple bolts. however, it's also motivation to get my H&R rear sway bar installed.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,774 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I think you mean me in Indianapolis (the midwest blends together). :laugh:

I'll have to get the exhaust off my R32, but that's an exercise of jack stands and couple bolts. however, it's also motivation to get my H&R rear sway bar installed.
I was distracted by my kid asking questions ... I appologize :banghead:. Hey I don't want to rush ya ... we could always box it up and send it this way as well. The guy selling his R32 in NJ is preoccupied taking some stuff off in the interim. We got nothing but time.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Having driven through PA, OH, IL, WI, MN ... lemme tell ya ... **** all looks the same :laugh:

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Having driven through PA, OH, IL, WI, MN ... lemme tell ya ... **** all looks the same :laugh:

I road tripped from NYC to CHI via Pennsylvania. I am 100000% with you on that. Pennsylvania was the absolute worst. we did it over night, which was an even worse idea. nothing but tunnel vision, long long long roads with no reflectors or lights... leading into nothingness...

I digress!

in for updates, this looks like an awesome build already! best of luck!:beer:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
I road tripped from NYC to CHI via Pennsylvania. I am 100000% with you on that. Pennsylvania was the absolute worst. we did it over night, which was an even worse idea. nothing but tunnel vision, long long long roads with no reflectors or lights... leading into nothingness...

I digress!

in for updates, this looks like an awesome build already! best of luck!:beer:
I don't know .. I think inland Ohio was probably the most weird, reminded me of Iowa. Then again rural PA isn't any better, the offramps are short and nothing but trees and some small townships. I was refueling god knows where (apparently Koppel, PA) and it was like a scene from the twilight zone.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
A post on some minty cloth center seats reminded me to make sure you're on the Golf R32 / R Parts and Midwest .:R FB groups if you're on that platform.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I don't know .. I think inland Ohio was probably the most weird, reminded me of Iowa. Then again rural PA isn't any better, the offramps are short and nothing but trees and some small townships. I was refueling god knows where (apparently Koppel, PA) and it was like a scene from the twilight zone.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
What is "Twilight Zone" about a small town? :confused:
It was thick fog, nobody around and people inside the gas station were ... different:eek:

A post on some minty cloth center seats reminded me to make sure you're on the Golf R32 / R Parts and Midwest .:R FB groups if you're on that platform.
Oh, gotta check that out. I'll check right now. TY

I think he means the fog
Yeah that definitely set the tone.

Sry bruv ... Iowa is cool but it's like most of MN .. flat and uneventful :laugh:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
grill found and installed by the shop

oilpan "fix" done prior :laugh::laugh:

clamps with exhaust leak

·
Registered
1995 Audi URS6
4,119 Posts
Cool work!

What is the clamping force on those exhaust clamps, 1 hair-pounds?

Gotta love fiddly things like that. At least the problem is obvious, though.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Great project. Any plans for oe wheels? I really need to put my hands on one of these someday soon. Lots of mk4 parts already NLA like drip rails.

·
Registered
44,091 Posts
It was thick fog, nobody around and people inside the gas station were ... different:eek:
Fair 'nuf. I guess it just doesn't come across in pictures. :beer:

Getting a new exhaust on there should be satisfying. :) Is the oil pan on order yet? How 'bout those headlights? I assume new ones are coming, correct?

81 - 100 of 203 Posts