VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, im sanding all of the runners on the intake manifold, and then polishing them.
after that, its getting powdercoated semi gloss black, along with the lower intake manifold.
and then a mk4 head gasket, and a few other things here and there.......
anyone got pics of manifolds done up like this, or similar?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: winter project(s) (BlueVR)

very nice
is that what it looks like powdercoated? what did it cost you?
the manifold in the pic above was removed from a car with a motor fire, and there are a few dings in the runners, but for the cost, it couldnt be passed up (corradofreek knows the story).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Re: winter project(s) (BlueVR)

That looks really good, I want to do the same. How long has it taken you thus far? Did you sand by hand and what procedure did you follow? Did you mask any areas? How hard is it to remove (manifold), I never took highschool mechanics but I'm certainly not a moron I have a bentley, but would like to know first hand perspective. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: winter project(s) (veedubGT)

i have gotten about 9 hours in my manifold so far, but i have had it up to 600 grit with a 3micron polish shortly after, only to get frustrated and go back to it with a disc grinder.
i have done most of mine by hand. Use a sanding block, and just slowly work your way up in grit, starting with 120, then 240, 600, 1000... after that, try rubbing compound and then a polish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.