VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (Lotust)

.. ....
That sucks dude, I feel your pain.... I hit a water cap at like 10 miles an hour once..Needless to say It blew out my tire, ruined the wheel, and mangled a tie rod http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (Severance)

I tried to get paid back for two tires and an alignment. All I got was a complete run around. Send a registered letter here, now do this, send this here. It was obvious no matter what I did I was never going to get money unless I got a lawyer.
You can try, good luck.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

If they made roads with all concrete and did it the right way, the construction workers would have nothing to do in the summer, and we can't have that. So we'll just keep up the not-so-good work of paying people tax money to do a piss poor job, and on top of that, have to keep buying new rims, or switch to steelies.
Don't you just love america?
My g/f's mom cracked a rim on her oldsmobile and ruined the tire (clean rip across the treads) and got reimbursed for a new tire, a new rim, and all labor. Took a few months and lots of phone calls and bitching, but it worked, somehow.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (wyldejackyl)

quote:[HR][/HR]If they made roads with all concrete and did it the right way, the construction workers would have nothing to do in the summer, and we can't have that. So we'll just keep up the not-so-good work of paying people tax money to do a piss poor job, and on top of that, have to keep buying new rims, or switch to steelies.
Don't you just love america?
My g/f's mom cracked a rim on her oldsmobile and ruined the tire (clean rip across the treads) and got reimbursed for a new tire, a new rim, and all labor. Took a few months and lots of phone calls and bitching, but it worked, somehow.
[HR][/HR]​
i just called the town. there sending me the claim forms.
Ill get my 180$ back
I hope

·
Registered
4,824 Posts

Shawn...
I understand the difference in the pulley as well...and the bumps...they will cover it...it just happened to me and my Cups...its good you took a picture....
Good luck with the Charger!
Danielle

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (VdubInIt96)

quote:[HR][/HR]Shawn...
I understand the difference in the pulley as well...and the bumps...they will cover it...it just happened to me and my Cups...its good you took a picture....
Good luck with the Charger!
Danielle[HR][/HR]​
thanks Danielle
I knew this would happed sooner or later.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (VdubInIt96)

Maybe over on the east coast it's different. here in Chicago, there's a "budget to balance" because George Ryan pissed all our money away. They even give tickets in the city for swearing now! I couldn't get money out of the state with a chunk of plutonium and some plastic explosives.
I just avoid the potholes when I can. the worst ones are the ones that fill up with water and look like puddles.
there are also two seasons here: winter, and road construction. If it's warm november thru march, road construction spans the year.
I heard the roads in SD are like glass...

·
Registered
4,827 Posts

you can take the Twnshp. to court for not keeping up the roads if you have proof it did damage (wich you do). It will take A LONG LONG time but you will eventually get your money. A friend of mine did it around my way but it took him 6 months to get the settlement and another 5 months waiting for the check....

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]at least the control arm is ok. Damage could have been worse.
[HR][/HR]​
Like that one guy a year or so ago that had to drive home in reverse because it broke and driving any other way would force his wheel to hit the inside of the fender..
That had to suck, imagine, reverse all the way home.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: winter roads SUCK! piss and moaning (wyldejackyl)

quote:[HR][/HR]at least the control arm is ok. Damage could have been worse.

Like that one guy a year or so ago that had to drive home in reverse because it broke and driving any other way would force his wheel to hit the inside of the fender..
That had to suck, imagine, reverse all the way home.
[HR][/HR]​

i would have called a tow truck
hehe

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

take a complaint out wiht the city..
my man who drives a gti dropped on eibach sport springs on 16s. got his front right in a pothole and messed his baby up bad!.. bent axle.. rim.. etc..
he took out a complaint with them and WON.. got a G for it.. take pics with a bottle in the pot hole and file a compliant.. if oyu want to know how im me and ill ask him...
but damn i dunno what kind of laws you guys got out there but in boston thats what he did...
good luck.. that right there is one of my worst nightmares...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts