VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.. I'm super excited myself to see the ending product :)

Nothing to crazy, but I removed the rear window trim (did not break any clips thank god) so the rears are ready to pop right out. Found some little rust spots that will need to be fixed as well.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got bored during hurricane sandy yesterday so I got some progress done on the scirocco. I removed all the glass (except windshield) and doors. I plan on having the doors sandblasted before paint. Under that hatch seal was rust, which I knew was going to be there. I picked up another hatch a few months back, but that one is it even worse shape. So I plan on cutting out the cancer from mine and welding in a good piece from the spare hatch I have.

And I found some 90' Audi VDO gauges on ebay that I plan on installing down the road.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
glad to see the old ride getting some love...I still have a rust free hatch and complete dash in decent shape if you need them.

In for the final product.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad to see the old ride getting some love...I still have a rust free hatch and complete dash in decent shape if you need them.

In for the final product.
I'm okay with the hatch.. I have a spare hatch that I am going to cut up and weld the good corners on mine, Possibly interested in the dash.. Have any pictures?

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I remember when Colin brought this over fom the pnw and then sold to nuno. Good to see it getting some much deserved love so it can live another 30+ years :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a very good mount done today, super tired.

I removed the windshield (I wish I can say it came out in one piece) anyone know of an OEM windshield I can buy?

I stripped the NUMEROUS layers of paint off around the whole windshield. No dents, so no body work was needed. Just about 9 hours of wire brushing the paint off and sanding. Removed all the light rust spots there were. I am pleased with todays progress :heart:

Charlie Brown and Big Buster :eek::D

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update: Got one door channel in primer and removed the undercoat off the rocker.

Oh, another goodie :laugh:

Super psyched on stanceworks posting this picture on their facebook that my buddy from Euro Kreations snapped over the bridge leaving H2Oi

1 - 20 of 791 Posts