VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a little search and ain't found anything...
I'm lookin for good winter tires in 14" for my Golf CL .... Any advice ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Winter tires (llutman)

Many people had recommend me the TOYO OBSERVE G-02 in 185/60R14...

Are they that damn good ?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: Winter tires (GoLfT)

CDN Tire...It's cheap as hell, and they're only winter tires. No need to spend lots of cash. Summer will be here soon enough and you'll want the $$$ for mods

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Winter tires (VWADDICT15)

Yeah,
But I can put it on my winter car after this winter

·
Registered
8,633 Posts

Not sure how much they are new BUT I got a set of used (one season) Eagle Ultragrip's and they are EXCELLENT. Very quiet, lots of grip even in dry weather (better than my worn out Yokohamas!) and have a nice unidirectional tread that is very agressive looking. Got mine for $400 Cdn including 14" alloys!!!
Try the classifieds - I'm sure you'll come up with something.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts

I bought a set of Kumho's, they were cheap and are so awesome... definetely the best value for your dollar...
g'luck

-jay1

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: Winter tires (soo1)

If you have the money buy a good set like Nokia Hakkapelita's or the Michelin's they will cost more right now but in three to four years you will still be driving on the same set of snows. I have also heard that the new Good Year Tire is good. Check with your local VW dealer they have packages they get from VW and sometimes they might have a used set or two kicking around.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

Canadian Tire "tractor tire specials" for me. When I get a real car, I;m sure I'll be able to justify a set of Nokian Hakkas...but till then... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Winter tires (Brad Jar)

Just buy and install my 4 Toyo Observe G-02.... 473$cdn txinc installed...
As quiet as my summer tire... Try it in water.... Really nice, even better that the crap that was on my car this summer (don't ask what they were they were on the car when I buy it this summer)!! NOW I would like some snow !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts