VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright-
Right now I have a 01 E320 with 81k on it. Its been marginally reliable for the past 16 months and I've enjoyed the 30+ highway MPG as well as the overall cache of the vehicle, despite it being a blandmobile. I got a decent deal on it and am pretty sure I could sell it now for near what I paid for it (or trade it in).
My family have been Jeep owners for 12 years, we still have our 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo with that, yes that 4.0 Chuck Norris inspired I-6, now pushing over 191k without missing a beat. I had a 98 GC 5.9 Limited for about 3 years that I modded to 380+ hp and 13 sec. times, but at 160k, I decided to get something a little more sedate, and thus enter the E320.
Not that Kentucky gets bad winters (maybe 3 snows a year) but we do own a farm and I generally like the overall feel of a luxuryish SUV. I was looking at the 2005+ Grand Cherokees and noticed that a <20k mile example can be had for <$25k. Im not talking laredos either; the ones I've found are Limited Hemi 4x4s with nav and rear seat DVD---rigs that were over 40k new.
Im impressed with Jeep reliablity and the overall package you get. I start med school next fall and then on to residency, and Id like a car that will get me there every day no problems.
So CL, what doth thou thinkest of the new Grand Cherokee for 24k? The Hemi with MDS and all the goodies will return 15mpg combined (my old 5.9 was around 11) and near 20 on the highway, all while making really good power and tq.

Old (actually mine from Wiki):

Current:

Possible Future:

· Registered
10,352 Posts
Re: Winter's coming---upgrade time? (Internal Combustion)

Get the Possible Future http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.