VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of making the wipers stay in the service position when the engine is running? I'm asking because on a morning when it's snowed, or my windsheild is iced up it would be nice to have the car running (and warming up) while I'm scraping the ice/snow of the glass.
Ayone else wondered about this in the winter?

· Registered
9,679 Posts
Re: wiper service position question (mkvunitedgray)

Not as far as proper operation goes.
Once in the position, and lifted from the glass for scraping, etc... they will return to home when the Key is turned on, and most likely slam down and cause damage to particular bits, and pieces of your car.

· Registered
14 Posts
Re: wiper service position question (mkvunitedgray)

Yes, you can make the wipers stay up in the service position when the car is running.
1. Shut off the engine.
2. Tap the wiper stalk down, the wipers will move to the service/winter position.
You can pull the wipers off the window if you know it's going to snow a lot or have a big icestorm. You can also just leave them on the windshield.
3. When you restart the car, the wipers will stay up until you operate the wiper stalk. You can defrost the window and such as needed.
Your sales consultant should have given you a new owner DVD if you bought in the last couple of months. The DVD shows this procedure.

· Registered
The Meatata, Olga-Vagon, DerpDango
2,651 Posts
Re: wiper service position question (gti_driver_eric)

Quote, originally posted by gti_driver_eric »
Yes, you can make the wipers stay up in the service position when the car is running.
1. Shut off the engine.
2. Tap the wiper stalk down, the wipers will move to the service/winter position.
You can pull the wipers off the window if you know it's going to snow a lot or have a big icestorm. You can also just leave them on the windshield.
3. When you restart the car, the wipers will stay up until you operate the wiper stalk. You can defrost the window and such as needed.
Your sales consultant should have given you a new owner DVD if you bought in the last couple of months. The DVD shows this procedure.

I bought mine on November 21, 2006, and I didn't even receive this. But then again, my dealer guy sucked ass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.