VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after I start my car (obd1 aba 2.0) I turn on my windshield wipers (due to rain):snowcool:, my car surges then dies. Im SO confused as to what this can be? Its done this before but only for a minute or two, Any ideas of what this could be? the said car has a TT chipped ECU with a 270 cam, didnt know if this would make a difference but I thought as much info couldnt hurt.

·
Registered
17,620 Posts
well, there's not much info there to begin with for any of us to give u an answer.

could be a short somewhere.

check the wiring from the stalk to the ignition
check the wiring from the wiper relay to the wiper arms/motor.
check the wiring under the train tray for the wiper motor.

since a chip is in there, it's possible when they went to install it, something might have gotten missed, cut by mistake, etc etc

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, there's not much info there to begin with for any of us to give u an answer.

could be a short somewhere.

check the wiring from the stalk to the ignition
check the wiring from the wiper relay to the wiper arms/motor.
check the wiring under the train tray for the wiper motor.

since a chip is in there, it's possible when they went to install it, something might have gotten missed, cut by mistake, etc etc
I did find the problem. The wire tuck I recently did in my engine bay didn't help this situation. Only to find out that the harness ran through the rain-tray was in the way of the wiper linkage just a little bit. (about 1/4 inch) to be exact. So therefore it had a SAW effect on my harness. I cut through the heat shrink and one wire. Which happen to be one of the MAF wires. Its all fixed and better now. thanks for the input! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.