VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 VW GOLF CABRIOLET; 1996 TRANSPORTER T4 2.5 Tdi
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there !,
Hoping to seek helpfrom this forum. I need the wiring diagram for a converted 92 cabriolet from efi to carb. The set up is that it still has the 7pin ignition module and a hall sender type distributor. Somewhow the wires screwedup and the amateur electrician (dont ask who) couldnt get it back.
Any leads or threads (diagram perhaps)that will guide me back ?
Pl.ease help
Thanks in advance
Les

·
Registered
1992 VW GOLF CABRIOLET; 1996 TRANSPORTER T4 2.5 Tdi
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i didnt get an answer from the group. But i managed to find a diagram somehow. And now it gives birth to another question as this is driving me nuts. Kindly refer to the attached........

At the 3-terminal Hall Effect, I noticed that my car has the middle wire "hall (+)" exchanged with the position of the right most wire "hall(-)". The engine will not start right up but will eventually fire up after a few attempts. My thinking was that since a positive and negative hall positions were interchanged, it wouldnt fire at all (or maybe it should have burned out the IM)..... but it did fire up ! Why is that? Is that the reason for the repeated attempts before starting ? Pleaseshare your thoughts..... your opinion is really sought after.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 VW Scirocco 2.0 16V
483 Posts
Looking at my 16v distributor, the hall sender connector on the side is marked -0+ like the picture below shows. The drawing you posted is accurate in where the hall sender and the ICM connect. It's not accurate in the visual representation of where the + and 0 wires are located. I would wire it up making sure the "+" on the hall sender goes to pin 5 in the ICM, "0" on the hall sender goes to 6 on the ICM, and "-" on the hall sender goes to 3 on the ICM. I would also make sure your switched 12v is not piggy-backed off the coil like your drawing shows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.