VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a wiring harness. I took out my OEM stereo and saw that it had 3 connectors. The palce where i bought the wiring harness from said i will not need the top multi colored one and to just leave it hanging

Then i noticed my antenna hook up doesnt fit. I guess i will have to buy and adapter. I have the Sony Xplod system. What does it require to fit in? I screwed in the side plates with the tabs and then put it in the gray sleeve it came with. How do i secure the sleeve into the car? Bend the tabs on it maybe? If anyone has pictures that would be a great help.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Re: Wiring Harness For 2001 Jetta (Autobahn Bred)

Yes, you bend the tabs in the sleeve. Also, if you leave the cubby hole in place, the sleeve should click into it.
Besides the HU harness, you also might the antenna adapter. The proper Metra product for a 2001 VW is 40-VW10 (non-amplified) and 40-VW53 (amplified), AFAIK.
The topmost row of plugs is indeed to be left hanging. It has wires for internal diagnostics, integrated steering wheel stereo controls etc. Aftermarket stereos aren't compatible with any of that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wiring Harness For 2001 Jetta (gorilla800lbs)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gifThanks, the install is complete and it sounds alot better. Now i have to install my Infinity speakers. I heard thats a pain in the butt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.