VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me thinks this fusebox that 4string was so gracious to put up is the "smaller" box with the vertical fuses vice the horizontal. This sounds like mine. Been looking for where the radio gets its power and like what I've found like this box doesn't give the radio/audio syst sfa!! 2006 TDI Jetta V Why can't find such info I don't know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes this relaybox w the vertical fuses and low engine fusebox is what is in a 2006 Jetta MKV and not to say thanks but this can't be the only repeated link or thread for a weee bit of wiring basics beyond -or before the fusebox?? This thread is what near 16 years old now, surely and I won't call you Shirly but is there nothing beyond a dealer or larger shop that has anything beyond this for wiring data?? Dealers in CA, unless you know someone there or plainivly will bl*** someone there will not pass out any of this basic info! A system fuse size ask yet -standing at the counter included unless you're gonna spend the time($$labour) 'cause "it's only the mechanics out back who know this info fm their own blackboxes'
I have the same questions looking for how to switch out/remove a reg radio, you know the three preset buttons ea side & four between the knobs!
I've tried looking here before I've asked, honestly! Try from the front page, the list of FYI's and DIY's, they all (all the obv links++) dead end on these two quests!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes this relaybox w the vertical fuses and low engine fusebox is what is in a 2006 Jetta MKV and not to say thanks but this can't be the only repeated link or thread for a weee bit of wiring basics beyond -or before the fusebox?? This thread is what near 16 years old now! Is there not a link or post here in this site on these questions?? I ask looking for how to change a radio too! -I've tried checking the link-posts to no avail before I ask here. I'm not sure if this post has been precluded or has my same ask repeated.-if so sorry!

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Yes this relaybox w the vertical fuses and low engine fusebox is what is in a 2006 Jetta MKV and not to say thanks but this can't be the only repeated link or thread for a weee bit of wiring basics beyond -or before the fusebox?? This thread is what near 16 years old now! Is there not a link or post here in this site on these questions?? I ask looking for how to change a radio too! -I've tried checking the link-posts to no avail before I ask here. I'm not sure if this post has been precluded or has my same ask repeated.-if so sorry!
Again................ DIY subwoofer/amp install

You want a free Wiring diagram for a basic radio in a Jetta '06 here you go

Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
14 Posts
Again.................https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/diy-subwoofer-amp-install.2329932/page-7#post-115441502

You want a free Wiring diagram for a basic radio in a Jetta '06 here you go

View attachment 162221
Hey thank you! Mine the power doesn't go through the fuseboxes but I might still be able to refer to this! Now if I can only get it into a better focus to be able to read it, make it a little darker... but I'll work on that!
Thank GOD for YouTube!! After all my time spent reading posts, the first video I got to come up nailed it!

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Hey thank you! Mine the power doesn't go through the fuseboxes but I might still be able to refer to this! Now if I can only get it into a better focus to be able to read it, make it a little darker... but I'll work on that!
Thank GOD for YouTube!! After all my time spent reading posts, the first video I got to come up nailed it!
check your PM

21 - 29 of 29 Posts