VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to wire up my boost/oil temp/oil press gauges for light, and when I turn the lights on, w/o starting the car, only the left and most of the time the middle gauges light up. If I move the wires around on the back, the middle one will cut in and out. The third one never lights up, so I checked the back with a multi meter, and there's voltage there.
When I turn on the lights with the engine running, only the left one comes on, and I get a solid warning tone from my car.
Any help please?

Modified by allstarmaterial at 9:25 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pop the LED holder out from the back of the gauge, and push down on the LED to set it in place. I know mine were pretty finicky about being pressed all the way in, and easily slid out if rubbed or touched when you put them back into the gauge.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Alex M)

Quote, originally posted by Alex M »
Pop the LED holder out from the back of the gauge, and push down on the LED to set it in place. I know mine were pretty finicky about being pressed all the way in, and easily slid out if rubbed or touched when you put them back into the gauge.

Ok, that kinda worked. The LED was in upside down. Next question:
I tapped into the light dimmer switch and ground for power/ground. I used the little foldover inline wire taps. I think this isn't a good connection because the power to the lights is intermittant. What is a good/better place or way to tap into power and ground, or should I put my ground to the chassis?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts