VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,621 Posts
Re: Wish me luck. I'm going in. (Ron L)

You gotta argue with VWoA and a local dealer to get it done. They originally told me they weren't gonna due mine either. Just yesterday,(a month after this all began) the service manager told me they would replace it under the recall.
My main argument was that I was driving when it started leaking all over my feet and fogging up my windows, ie very dangerous accident potential. Also that same system was recalled from all the Corrados, no matter what year from what I was told. So when the dealer told me that my year was not covered, I went to VWoA and raised enough stink to get them to give me a case number.
The problem was getting the dealer to find the local rep on that item, after many attempts they finally just called VWoA and gave them my case number.
Hope this helps some, don't give up unless your already into it!

· Registered
3,621 Posts
Re: Wish me luck. I'm going in. (Ron L)

Ya my car was down for an engine swap anyway, I drove it to my father-in-laws house by pulling the hoses out of the firewall and splicing them together.
Well good job getting it done so fast! sorry no luck with VWoA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.