VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know they are planning to make a movie on this...until I read this on IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/21/is-tom-hardy-without-remorse

Hardy would have the same problem as Dafoe in that he is not really John Kelly/Clark size...but otherwise he is probably a good person for the role. But seeing them already are adding random character, the movie will probably be butchered like the Sum of all Fear....

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I didn't know they are planning to make a movie on this...until I read this on IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/21/is-tom-hardy-without-remorse

Hardy would have the same problem as Dafoe in that he is not really John Kelly/Clark size...but otherwise he is probably a good person for the role. But seeing them already are adding random character, the movie will probably be butchered like the Sum of all Fear....
Well, the true mentor is Admiral Greer... but that role is James Earl Jones. So having someone else fit that "role" is ok.

What I'm concerned about is when it will take place? Ret-con it to Iraq I or II instead of Vietnam?

Hardy's not a bad choice, he just happens to be the flavor of the month. Overall, there aren't a lot of 6'+ actors that don't come from WWE. Chris or Liam Hemsworth might be a better physical match, though. Depending on how far they want to stretch the age, David Borneaz would fit the bill.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Sum of all Fear is just terrible, considering it was one of his best book they just completely threw the book out and made that....:screwy:

·
17,761 Posts
The Sum of all Fear is just terrible, considering it was one of his best book they just completely threw the book out and made that....:screwy:
Global political correctness.

Bumping thread because I saw this is scheduled for release in October.

Hope is kinda restored, seeing how the screenplay is written by Taylor Sheridan - Yellowstone, Hell or High Water, Wind River, Sicario.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,034 Posts
Michael B Jordan is on my list of terrible one-note actors that for some reason Hollywood really, really wants to be successful.

·
17,761 Posts
Michael B Jordan is on my list of terrible one-note actors that for some reason Hollywood really, really wants to be successful.
Is that kinda like Noomi Rapace?

·
Chili Bigot
20,034 Posts
Is that kinda like Noomi Rapace?
Yes! She's on the list. Also, off the top of my head:

-Joel Kinneman
-Bri Larson
-Elizabeth Moss
-Ryan Gosling
-Bunch of others...

·
17,761 Posts
Yes! She's on the list. Also, off the top of my head:

-Joel Kinneman
-Bri Larson
-Elizabeth Moss
-Ryan Gosling
-Bunch of others...
It worked for Jason Statham. :laugh:

·
Chili Bigot
20,034 Posts
It worked for Jason Statham. :laugh:
That’s different. Statham knows his place; cheesy, fun, frenetic action movies with very little plot that are most enjoyed on the other side of the sobriety spectrum. The people on my list all think that they’re serious *AKT-TORZZZ*.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts