VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
I'm surprised that this video hasn't been posted yet;
That is a pretty nice video, though it really doesn't o over the intricacies of driving the road.

IMHO something like 60-70% of the fun comes from hanging around the fire pits at night, which you can't do if you're at your own secluded house.
That number seems skewed because this is my fourth year going and have never attended the fires and still had a blast.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
No inappropriate touching! However Mr. Spiritus typically has other ideas. :p
Inappropriate touching is OK as long as it's only chairs and "touching" means "throwing in fire". :laugh:

(naw, but seriously, don't throw chairs in the fire pit)
(it's a lot harder to do now that they upgraded to super heavy adirondack chairs)
(pretty sure the casualty of trial by fire was a shiatty patio chair that one year)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Inappropriate touching is OK as long as it's only chairs and "touching" means "throwing in fire". :laugh:

(naw, but seriously, don't throw chairs in the fire pit)
(it's a lot harder to do now that they upgraded to super heavy adirondack chairs)
(pretty sure the casualty of trial by fire was a shiatty patio chair that one year)
The throwing of chairs in the fire pit reminded me of a fun-filled night before most of you Wookies were born. That Weekend was the last US Grand Prix in Watkins Glen NY, October 10-12, 1975. We celebrated the night as someone drove a school bus camper into the "Pit" and set on fire to light the festivities. :laugh:

NOTE: I am not suggesting this is an appropriate form of celebration by passionate Wookies or VWFanatics, so no car sacrifices, please! :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
IMHO something like 60-70% of the fun comes from hanging around the fire pits at night, which you can't do if you're at your own secluded house. ;)

Well, I suppose you could, but then you can't partake in any of the interesting libations, and you have to drive yourself back to that house in the middle of the night and risk slamming into a goddamn deer.
Meh. I enjoy my quiet time haha.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
final event info is posted : http://www.wookiesinthewoods.com/2016event/

see ya soon
all your dates are way off... well only by 1 number... anything happening on the thursday??? you have the event listed as april 14/15/16 on the about page... and on the event page only stuff on fri and saturday... (but fri the 17 and sat the 18... which are the wrong numbers... COMEON ABE!!!) on a side note if you guys need any help with anything I'm more than willing to help... arriving on wednesday night so let me know... third time driving down from Toronto Ontario Canada (in my lowly gti...)

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
blame the web guy

nothing is scheduled Thursday, there never is. get in town and relax, eat some grub.. get some gas.. make new friends.. drive. no phones or work. you will enjoy it. Third time down you should have figured this out by now ;) I cant locate where you suggest anything is listed on the 18th. so pm me a screenshot or something so I can correct it.

Thanks

:heart:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As part of my prep for WitW, I checked the Weather Channel extended forecast;: Robbinsville NC = RAIN. = go to Weather.com.pdf

:banghead: :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
it always says rain. relax and enjoy

who can predict the weather in the mountains..
It rained a good amount last year but we still had a blast! Rain or shine still a great time!!!!

·
Registered
19,702 Posts
all your dates are way off... well only by 1 number... anything happening on the thursday??? you have the event listed as april 14/15/16 on the about page... and on the event page only stuff on fri and saturday... (but fri the 17 and sat the 18... which are the wrong numbers... COMEON ABE!!!) on a side note if you guys need any help with anything I'm more than willing to help... arriving on wednesday night so let me know... third time driving down from Toronto Ontario Canada (in my lowly gti...)
I copy/pasta'd the cruise page from last year. You get the idea and know when to be there. Fixed it for you all though. :beer:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
All good. i guess i was hoping for an extra day because this got so huge... My days off on the job i work let me come a day early anyways... it'll mean extra not so busy dragon runs..

in (just under) 2 weeks the weather will change... lets just hope thats its warm so the rain dries up like it did last year... damp in the morning and fun in the afternoon....

let me know if you need any help/setup for the safety meeting/RBQ and whatnot. and thanks for putting on a fantastic event... I'm sure the first time you put it on you never thought it would get 20 times as big...

Super stoked.. cant believe its so close...time flies

41 - 60 of 73 Posts