VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not that I heard of

Someone I know told me that the dealers can now order them. A local dealer told me that they just started the production, so they don't have it. So I assume that no dealerships would have them. They have to be built and shipped (takes 3 -4 months like any other GTIs).

I wonder how soon this edition will be sold out given that it is a limited edition (2,000)

·
Registered
53,299 Posts
.....A local dealer told me that they just started the production, so they don't have it. So I assume that no dealerships would have them. They have to be built and shipped (takes 3 -4 months like any other GTIs).....
Are you sure they have not already been produced and are just in port in Europe of the USA?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Both these versions are BORING...

Cmon, VWNA....Throw in a unique color, and make them Autobahns....These "special editions", are not so special....Floor mats trimmed in red stitching..?..UGLY wheels...Gee, THANK YOU !

jm

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I was able to pre-order one from a dealer in Denver, CO. They had it in their system with allocations that you could see to each dealer. I was told it won't be here until early June but that works out with the time frame of when i am returning from my deployment.

Might not be that special of an edition but it fits where i wanted to be price wise and like the Laguna rims over the Detroits.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
I have heard you might not get Kessy or aluminum pedals... :eek:;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canadian Wolfsburg

I picked my Wolfsburg TDI up two weeks ago and love it. When I ordered it, the spec included alloy pedals and KESSY, but the car arrived without either.
VW Canada was a pain in the ass to deal with on the subject, but have now offered compensation for the missing goodies. Not enough, but something.
Did i mention I love the car?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Maybe i read and understood something wrong but i was under the impression it is pretty much a base model GTI with the floor mats, golf ball shifter and laguna wheels. You also get some special owners package that comes with a a few trinkets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Care to share your story.

I picked my Wolfsburg TDI up two weeks ago and love it. When I ordered it, the spec included alloy pedals and KESSY, but the car arrived without either.
VW Canada was a pain in the ass to deal with on the subject, but have now offered compensation for the missing goodies. Not enough, but something.
My car is on a train somewhere between Ontario and BC. It's set to arrive to my dealer in approx 10 or so days. I too, am really choked about it might not having the KESSY, the alloy pedals I could give in on but am going to be asking for compensation if mine does not arrive with it.

Im driving my 09 rabbit around and loving it and with this new car arriving, I'm not really even excited. I'll be going from 2 to 4 door which was going to be enough of a jump for me, now this.

Can you tell me what they offered you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We pdi'd one yesterday. On the lot today
As VW took e KESSY and alloy pedals off the car near the end of January ( so my dealer emailed to tell me) I wonder if any of the 2000 cars will have snuck into production with them?

Selfishing hoping mine did. Dealer says we have to wait and see. I do have the spec sheet with the itemized features on it....so I will be asking for compensation. That, and the wait for this car. It was stalled coming into Canada due to so many on the lots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As VW took e KESSY and alloy pedals off the car near the end of January ( so my dealer emailed to tell me) I wonder if any of the 2000 cars will have snuck into production with them?
No KESSY and alloy pedals for Golf only or is it missing on the GTI as well?

EDIT: for Canada that is

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

Selfishing hoping mine did. Dealer says we have to wait and see. I do have the spec sheet with the itemized features on it....so I will be asking for compensation. That, and the wait for this car. It was stalled coming into Canada due to so many on the lots.
I think we have about 4 now, no kessy on any of them. They do have however the storage bin under the headlight switch.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think we have about 4 now, no kessy on any of them. They do have however the storage bin under the headlight switch.
That is pretty cool, any other things you noticed on the US-spec Wolfsburg that is different? I realize it really isn't a "special" edition but i know sometimes they do small things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked one out today

Checked out one Wolfsburg edition (US) today and in fact it had alloy pedals.

I didn't think Kessy is supposed to be on Wolfsburg edition for US, because you only get that option in Autobahn, and in fact, I did not see it in the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I checked a Wolfsburg GTI at my local dealer tonight. In Canada the car comes with everything, Kessy, sunroof, nav, 300 watt stereo, etc. except leather. The interior remains the jacky cloth. It looks awesome, want to see a CSG 6 speed, that is what I am after.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thanks for your reply
I am contacting VW tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I checked a Wolfsburg GTI at my local dealer tonight. In Canada the car comes with everything, Kessy, sunroof, nav, 300 watt stereo, etc. except leather. The interior remains the jacky cloth. It looks awesome, want to see a CSG 6 speed, that is what I am after.
Did it have the storage bin on the left of the steering wheel?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts