VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just wanted to know whats so different from a standard golf and a wolfsburg edition golf.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Wolfsburg (vwest)

I believe all of the Wolfsburgs were manufactured in Germany? And the interiors are different? The heads flow a little better? Different sound system? I think it's more than just badges.
Anyone else know actual facts?

Modified by AV_Dub at 6:33 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: Wolfsburg (AV_Dub)

wolfsburgs were(are) made in germany. vin# starts with "w". mexican built cars vin# starts with "3", and u.s. built models vin# starts with "1". it is felt by many that the german built cars are put together better, so they tend to be a little more sought after.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Re: Wolfsburg (morimori)

Quote, originally posted by morimori »
wow, i maybe undertand.
when my friend visit Germany, he took the following pics. is it Wolfsburg edition ??

I would say no.....GTI's were never offered in wolfsburg trim....those badges were added on to the car ...for fun...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
no the head doesnt flow any better on the wolfsburg, it has the same 1.8 8v with 4 to 1 manifold and downpipe unless it is a jetta carat wolfsburg. i have seen plenty a wolfsburg that have less amenities than my golf gl

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Wolfsburg (90_golf)

i had an a2 jetta wolfsburg edition 1987 gli
had the red rim on the outside withe gli rear tag and wolfsburg badges on the front fenders
4 wheel disc ... 9A transmission .... gray leather interior like recaro's but no recaro name...... 8v engine with 4-2 manifold and downpipe ... and digifant II injection did a vin check and was all correct

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Re: (vdubmatt)

Quote, originally posted by vdubmatt »
.....with 4 to 1 manifold and downpipe unless it is a jetta carat wolfsburg............

didn't know this, I thought all VW was 4-2-1?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Re: (H2Zero)

Being a Golf WE owner, I believe the differences are:
better stereo system (speakers in both dash and front door)
came with 14" instead of 13" wheels
cool looking badges
i think suspension was a little firmer (bought it with KONIs installed so couldn't really tell)

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah it justr matters ont he model..my last jetta was wolfsburg and had basicly no real nice amenities. but my new ones the same year and it wolfsburg and had power everything, and a nice interior. so it just matters ont he model ie, gl gt gli carat not the wolfsburg

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have a golf gl wolfsburg edition and it has a nice interior with a nicer sound system. i think thats pretty much it. i dont know tho, i like it lol

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Re: Wolfsburg (AV_Dub)

Quote, originally posted by AV_Dub »
I believe all of the Wolfsburgs were manufactured in Germany?

Nope. Check the VIN for point of assembly. 1=US 3=Mexico W=Germany

Quote »
And the interiors are different?

Yes. Interior trim is different than other models. Not necessarily better, but definately different.

Quote »
The heads flow a little better?

Nope. The only 8V cars with dual outlet manifolds are the '85-87 GLIs, '90-'92 GTIs, and the '89 Jetta Carat.

Quote »
Different sound system?

The AKTIV sound system was available as an option on all GL, Carat, Wolfsburg, and GLI models.

Quote »
I think it's more than just badges.

It is, but it's generally nothing spectacular. The only models that are generally more desirable are the Wolfsburg Edition GLIs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts