VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i am seriously considering getting vag-com, but i was wondering if it can do all that a 5051 or 5052 can do. i work at the dealership with 11 other dudes and only 3 scantools.
can vag-com do the 03 output dtm which in 01 engine for example would run the fuel injectors, purge valve, and solenoid valves for a brief period.
and is it compatable with the software updates for 1.8t that vw sent us?
thanks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Re: wondering about vag-com (aliensyncro)

Vag Com is very capable of doing all output tests, from what I understand... it is a complete diagnostic program that does equal the VAG software in all aspects. An email to Andy or Uwe should set aside any reservations about the program.
Gus

·
Vendor
5,317 Posts
Re: wondering about vag-com (aliensyncro)

It does all the diagostic functions, including 03- Output Tests:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-c....html
However, it does not have (mis) Guided Fault Finding and it cannot do flash updates.
But it does do some neat things the VAS can't, like showing three groups of measuring blocks at the same time, logging them, showing them as "scope" data, and showing TDI timing in graphical form. Hundreds of dealer techs use it every day. Most who've spent any time with it prefer it over a VAS. OTS/FOM/QTM types like it a lot too -- but I'm not allowed to talk about that in any detail.

-Uwe-

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Re: wondering about vag-com (Uwe)

Quote, originally posted by Uwe »

However, it does not have (mis) Guided Fault Finding and it cannot do flash updates.
But it does do some neat things the VAS can't, like showing three groups of measuring blocks at the same time, logging them, showing them as "scope" data, and showing TDI timing in graphical form. Hundreds of dealer techs use it every day. Most who've spent any time with it prefer it over a VAS. OTS/FOM/QTM types like it a lot too -- but I'm not allowed to talk about that in any detail.

-Uwe-

I can't agree more..lol Guided fault is a joke.
As for the corp types using vag-com....seen it myself . I was directed to use it by my OTS.But it was a very unofficial shove...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.