VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ever you've done so far, I wonna see it. Don't worry about how it looks, just post them pics up. Anybody has Volvo oil cooler, I'm really trying to see this in a G60.
Thanks.......................Peace!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SLC4EVER)

What oil cooler kit is that? Been thinking about putting one on my G60, but was kinda skeptical about the Volvo or Saab ones that have been recommended.

·
Forum Elder
14,567 Posts
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AZVento)

It's a 19-row Setrab core, Mocal sandwich plate, XRP fittings, -10 AQP stainless line. I put the kit together myself...
Stock heat exchanger removed.
IM yellowslc....he can hook you up with everything you need.

Modified by SLC4EVER at 9:01 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
743 Posts

Thanks for the info. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Neo)

Here's mine--it's real similar to Dak's set up but I kept the factory oil cooler.

-Wayne

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

Hey Dak--wuzzup?
Do you have a late model aluminum oil pan? Whaddythink? Is it a worthwhile change? I've been thinking about it, but was a little concerned about the whole "bonk it on the ground and crack it" gig.
-Wayne

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GKONYA)

It's not a bad idea, but you'll still need a sandwich adapter to get oil from the engine. Plus, you're adding 4 more fittings with the possibility of leaking. If you use nice -AN fittings like Aeroquip or Earl's, it'll get pricey quick. Gotta weigh all the costs and risks. I think if you were planning on running a remote oil filter in a SBC or somthing, this would definitely be a good way to go.
-Wayne

·
Forum Elder
14,567 Posts
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wayne92SLC)

Quote, originally posted by Wayne92SLC »
Hey Dak--wuzzup?
Do you have a late model aluminum oil pan? Whaddythink? Is it a worthwhile change? I've been thinking about it, but was a little concerned about the whole "bonk it on the ground and crack it" gig.

Hey Wayne! Yeah, I have the Mk4 pan. I really like it. So far I haven't bonked it yet, but I also have a bit more ground clearance with the 18's. I'll have to get out there and measure the distance to the ground to give you an idea.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (yellowslc)

Question for all of you guys! I decided on 740 Volvo oil cooler, but that brings up another ??? I need to use my own lines and I'm worried if the diameter of the hose is going to have great effect on oil pressure. I'm afraid of loosing oil pressure, so what I'm trying to ask what diameter hose should I use? Original Volvo is 11mm.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: (PhantomDubs)

Quote, originally posted by PhantomDubs »

please oh please tell us more about your setup! That looks mad sweet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
*edit* not just the oil cooler, what else are you running?

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: wonna see your oil cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hany)

Ok, I didn't get to finish it, but I'm close. I ran out of light and when you work on your parking space it's a biotch. I didn't intall the sandwich plate yet, but I'll do it tomorrow. I'll post pics as son as I'm done with the whole thing.

Modified by Hany at 10:44 AM 2-18-2004

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
hany.. Do NOT mount that cooler with the fittings facing down.. you will trap air in the system.. at a minimum both fittings up but preferred is sideways with the feed on the bottom, return on the top.
R

1 - 20 of 47 Posts