VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've done everything i can think of. i had a missfire and replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and coil. didn't fix it, did the fuel filter and that solved the problem. ran great for 2-3 weeks then i was on my way to work and it just stopped...out of no where. it will turn but not fire. sometimes i get it to fire but 90% i don't. ran some tests and the hall sensor sends a weak signal and i don't get enough spark to fire. in the bentley it says the ecu is bad, i've replaced the ecu but i'm back to where i started. turns but never fires. any help? could this possibly be an ignition switch or something? please any help would be great.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: won't start (pangpanghk)

i don't think it's fuel though. i'm getting a weak spark, if any at all, and my hall sensor is only reading like...4 volts and it's supposed to be 10+ i haven't replaced that yet though, i have no idea. anyone else with any suggestions? i just wanna get it running, it's my daily driver, and i don't wanna sell it either but it might resort to that.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
is it getting a good ground? is the ECU getting a good ground? check your grounds also in addition to what you've already checked, theres a bunch of em behind the battery. also, is your battery itself in a good state of charge? i'd check all the connections to the ecu and everything necessary to start the car. pull a spark plug after cranking it for a bit, it oughta smell like gas, just so you can positively rule out a fuel issue.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (nextproject)

ya, i cleaned the ground from the ecu...one on the engine, was pretty gruddy, took some sand paper to it...cleaned the battery ones all of them with some sandpaper and as for the battery itself, it was recently charged it's ready to go, no question there. i'm getting fuel though cuz when i tried to clean the ground on the block i tried pulling a small hose which ended up spilling some gas on me lol but if it's an injector then it wouldn't reach the cylinder so i'll try that. i'm almost positive it's electrical though. would an ignitiion switch cause a weak spark?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts