VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my wood replacement dash from OEMplus this morning - thanks Rich. I was able to swap out the three pieces in about an hour - most of that time was dedicated to removing and installing the glove box to reach the screw behind the passenger side piece. It's strange but the pieces are totally different - not just the finish. The right side black dot part used plastic snaps while the new one used metal clips. The entire mold seems to be different.

Elusive screw:

Modified by chadcronin at 11:55 AM 8-21-2006

Modified by chadcronin at 12:00 PM 8-21-2006

· Registered
3,324 Posts
Re: Wood Dash Swap (chadcronin)

Quote, originally posted by chadcronin »
I received my wood replacement dash from OEMplus this morning - thanks Rich. I was able to swap out the three pieces in about an hour - most of that time was dedicated to removing and installing the glove box to reach the screw behind the passenger side piece. It's strange but the pieces are totally different - not just the finish. The right side black dot part used plastic snaps while the new one used metal clips. The entire mold seems to be different.

Very, very nice. I agree, my Individual dunkel chrome trim was the same way. The Blackpoint's construction was far more flimsy.

· Registered
90 Posts
Re: Wood Dash Swap (spunkyjava)

Quote, originally posted by spunkyjava »
Very nice, looks very sharp! That's the combination I want to do to my car. ****ar across the dash and aluminum on the center stack. If only Aluminum is available for Climatic.

Same pain here!!!
I would want a nut tree top plus aluminum center though, because I think it'll fit my gray interior better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.