VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it mentioned in other posts but was unable to find a thread regarding how easily the wood scratches in our vehicles.
Last night I used a freshly washed lint-free cotton cloth with a very mild cleaner to dust the dash and other surfaces in my T'reg. The dust is gone but it left numerous small (but clearly visible) scratches on the wood. Anyone know of a way to remove the scratches?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: Wood scratches so easily! (VW-Newbie)

One word........Swiffer.Yes.those hand held jobbies.Use them before you wipe with your micro fibre and stop scratching your easy to scratch wood!(which you are only scratching the coating on the wood,not the actual wood)
As for how to remove the scratches you may want to check out Apple Ipods Forums and see what ppl are using.I recall someone saying that a jewerly store recomended Brasso to clean up the watch face and he tried it on his pod with great success.Willing to try?

Modified by phatalex at 10:01 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
scratching your wood.. sounds painful.
Toilet humor aside, though - Isnt Brasso only for metallic surfaces? I doubt it would do a good job for plastic/wood/finish.
I use baby wipes, but will now consider the swiffer for the dust... shouldnt let the wife see me with it, though.. she'll start thinking I can actually clean the house and stuff..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts