VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you can call it a build if you wish. More like buy some parts, put them on. Not much to it really. I'm trying to get something together before the LouisvilleVW BBQ here in Louisville. (200+ cars + new venue = you should come) Then plan to touch it up and whatnot afterward.
I picked up the air lift struts today. They need a little love. Going to sand them down and re-paint them today.

And a few pics of my car.

I sold my coils today, car is back on stock suspension. So I'm ready to get stuff started and out of donk status.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (platinumgrey_1.8T)

Dont be dissapointed if ur front doesnt go lower than ur coils did.
air lift(easytreet) is known for not going low, and ur rear bags are proly going to rub on the cup where they sit.
jsut giving u a heads up.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »
Dont be dissapointed if ur front doesnt go lower than ur coils did.
air lift(easytreet) is known for not going low, and ur rear bags are proly going to rub on the cup where they sit.
jsut giving u a heads up.

Yeah, after looking at it though I'm more worried about the lift I'm going to get out of it rather than how low it will go. It looks like it will be low enough for me since the offset on the wheels is 0 and going to sit on the tires anyway.
And probably going to replace the rear bags eventually with Slam Bags, just so I will have the warranty for replacing the bags, incase I do run into a lot of rubbing issues.

Modified by woody89 at 10:22 AM 9-14-2008

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (dashrendar)

i know ur offset is 0, but i still think ur not gonn abe happy, like Dash said, u should've gotten some bags over ur coils...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »
i know ur offset is 0, but i still think ur not gonn abe happy, like Dash said, u should've gotten some bags over ur coils...

Probably so, but oh well live and learn. I got a decent deal on these, and made some money off my coils to help me get bagged quicker.
Ordered some parts today.
From KrisDye Fabrications...
(2) Viair 380 compressors w/ pressure switch and 2 relays
EAI 5 switch switchbox
5 gallon tank w/ 5 1/2" ports
And my fittings from Suicidedoors.com

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got some stuff in the mail today. Although my switch box wasn't in the box.:sad: But I'm sure it will be taken care soon. Going to sand on the tank and re-paint it now.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: (woody89)

I ordered 2 spools of 7 wires in a spool, and they sent me one, and on my copy of the receipt it says 2 and the total. on the one that came in my box has different price and 1 spool, but they charged me 2

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif on them, they refused to even help just ignored my emails.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (Still Fantana)

i've ordered from suicide doors so many times, fittings for me, and air line, and other stuff, i've never had a problem..

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KrisDye Fabrications is def. a good guy. He called me and said he ships the switch box separate w/ the shirt and bunch of stickers, but he never got an email from me about shirt size, that I never got either. So he called me and is mailing it out. Good guy w/ good prices.
On a side note went to Lowes and found the rest of the fittings I needed. I figured I just wouldn't even wait to deal with bs from SD.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Still Fantana)

Quote, originally posted by Still Fantana »
Their PTC fittings wont work, trust me...
All other kinds should be ok

Yeah, I picked some up anyway, but I mostly just needed some reducing things.
What's a good site for fittings? I need (4) 1/2" OD x 3/8" NPTF

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.