VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Oh... Liking the seat heater buttons instead of dials.. same as the wife's. They can be programmed... Reset on start or remember the last setting.. Niiiiice.
You can do either one with the dials at any time, no programming required ;)

·
Registered
B6 4mo | fc3 Si
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
is that hvac control plug and play?
on my 08 yes. in some readying you might need to more a wire from one spot to another for older models. needed vcds to re do adaptation on flaps.

Edit: need new trim and need to cut a lil of the radio cage for it to fit. but no big deal

Oh... Liking the seat heater buttons instead of dials.. same as the wife's. They can be programmed... Reset on start or remember the last setting.. Niiiiice.

As the previous question, was it as simple as remove and replace?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

main reason for doing it gf would leave seat on all the time

lil blurry my bad

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
on my 08 yes. in some readying you might need to more a wire from one spot to another for older models. needed vcds to re do adaptation on flaps.

Edit: need new trim and need to cut a lil of the radio cage for it to fit. but no big deal

main reason for doing it gf would leave seat on all the time

lil blurry my bad

New instrument cluster, radio and climate controls.. You are my hero..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
B6 4mo | fc3 Si
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Seems like the only thing you have left is the steering wheel.
Are all of these CC parts you are using?

yeah all from a crashed cc. all parts from someone on vortex parting out a cc in TX

would like a new wheel but wheel + air bag + sw control box = $$$

keeping a eye out for a mk5 gti wheel

prolly got 400$ into swap cluster / adapter cable / trim / hvac unit

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Zombie thread for halloween? ;) Thanks for reminding me of how well this car turned out. OP, how is it doing today?

·
Registered
B6 4mo | fc3 Si
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 · (Edited)
well after 6 years she let me down. crank position sensor failed.

was coming home on hwy and car bucked real bad and engine light came on. made it home and scanned and cleared crank \ speed sensor code. car would just crank. replaced and shes back.

Edit: its been a while. installed mk6 steering wheel and control module and a rns 315 and a microphone. VW rust warranty replaced fender all 4 doors and hatch in 2019. some rust starting on rear quarters now and the fender that was replaced in 2015. over 300,000km now.

replaced the dead suspension last week(its was soft and rubbing on big dips) with gfs old koni coils from her mk6. well front coil and rear shocks and kept the rear H&R spring + all new strut mounts and bolts.

·
Registered
97 GTI "A59" / 07 Passat 3.6 4M
12 Posts
Love the 3.6 4Motion wagon! Glad to hear to got her back up and running!

I've done the color cluster swap and B6 steering wheel swap. Everything works except some of the steering wheel controls. Any pointers on how to get all of the steering controls to work? Unable to toggle through the menu functions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick question to Soundwave - did you consider doing the H&R Front Swaybar on the 3.6 Wagon? Like you, I have the rear sway bar paired with H&R sport springs and B8 Bilsteins.

Ride is solid and not abusive on my three kids :p

201 - 220 of 221 Posts