VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was fast considering they just came out. Bang, I would say this is going to be a hot seller. Brand new silver 135I with a red interior sitting in the lot. Automatic no less.
I got to see the car up close first hand. My initial observations is that it does not appear to be that much smaller than a regular 3 series, back seat is all but useless - might as well be a 2 seater. Oh and the creases on the car, the so called Bangle style is a lot more prominent on this car than the other BMW I have seen.
Not a bad looking car over all and the silver does not really do it justice. If its in the 30's I would say its reasonable, mid 40's not so reasonable.
I will get some pics at lunch if I have time.

· Registered
9,719 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (freedomgli)

idk how i feel about silver on red
but i guess nj is a tacky enough state...
edit for obligatory "automatic?!?
!?!
11!?ONE!"

Modified by BTM at 8:13 AM 3-20-2008

· Registered
1,620 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (BTM)

Quote, originally posted by BTM »
!?!
11!?ONE!"

· Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
29,236 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (chucchinchilla)

I wouldn't be all that upset with the automatic. I think we may see lots of these cars in automatics. I went to my local BMW dealer yesterday to look at these cars. They had a 135 coupe, 128 vert, and 128 coupe. They were all automatics. I asked a sales guy if they had any manual transmissions coming in in the near future and he didn't seem to recall that any were coming into that particular dealer as a manual.
Having sat in the regular 128, I didn't like the seats very much. There was almost no lateral support and the seats were very hard. Gave me the impression of sitting on a park bench. I think the sport seats will be a must in this car.

· Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

!?!
11!?ONE!"

Whats idk?
You get to be tacky when you are either the 1st or 2nd most affluent state in the nation depending on the day.
On that note, I do have to say I loved AZ when I was out there last year in April. Nice place to drive.

· Registered
7,129 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (6cylVWguy)

Quote, originally posted by 6cylVWguy »
I wouldn't be all that upset with the automatic. I think we may see lots of these cars in automatics. I went to my local BMW dealer yesterday to look at these cars. They had a 135 coupe, 128 vert, and 128 coupe. They were all automatics. I asked a sales guy if they had any manual transmissions coming in in the near future and he didn't seem to recall that any were coming into that particular dealer as a manual.
Having sat in the regular 128, I didn't like the seats very much. There was almost no lateral support and the seats were very hard. Gave me the impression of sitting on a park bench. I think the sport seats will be a must in this car.

What's with this? BMW's used to be driver's cars. A BMW with two pedals is like a supermodel with one boob.
It just seems like people are missing the point these days. And no one can be bothered to learn how to drive a manual transmission.
/rant

· Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
29,236 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (yem_icculus)

Quote, originally posted by yem_icculus »

What's with this? BMW's used to be driver's cars. A BMW with two pedals is like a supermodel with one boob.
It just seems like people are missing the point these days. And no one can be bothered to learn how to drive a manual transmission.
/rant

Yeah, I was definitely disappointed. Now it could certainly be a dealer-specific issue. Based on where this dealer is located, it makes only to much sense that every car sold there will have an automatic. There is another dealer a little further away that seems a bit more enthusiast friendly. Maybe their allotment will have some manual transmission cars. Maybe they will have a manual, sport package 128!
Then again, the up side to not having any manual transmission cars on the lot is that I'd have to order the car. And if I have to order it, it would be a shame to not take advantage of euro delivery.

· Registered
15,115 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (yem_icculus)

Quote, originally posted by yem_icculus »
/rant

yeah, i hear ya

· Registered
9,719 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (tincanman99)

Quote, originally posted by tincanman99 »

Whats idk?
You get to be tacky when you are either the 1st or 2nd most affluent state in the nation depending on the day.
On that note, I do have to say I loved AZ when I was out there last year in April. Nice place to drive.

idk= i don't know
haha the nj jab was merely that, just a jab; though there does seem to be some supporting evidence for the "money can't buy class" dogma over on your coast...
az is BEAUTIFUL in april...i wouldn't recommend staying anytime past may, however, hot as balls!

· Registered
15,115 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (tincanman99)

as for pricing, i do think the 1 is up there. otoh, i priced the e90 equivalent of my e46, + it was about 10% more. things just keep getting more expensive.

· Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

idk= i don't know
haha the nj jab was merely that, just a jab; though there does seem to be some supporting evidence for the "money can't buy class" dogma over on your coast...
az is BEAUTIFUL in april...i wouldn't recommend staying anytime past may, however, hot as balls!

I was not offended, I thought it was funny. That was my point about the affluence
- money cant buy class. North Jersey in particular is the land of the guido.
Its a dry heat.
BTW, something is wrong with my phone. I will bring my Canon with me tomorrow

· Registered
5,605 Posts
Re: @ Work Today - New BMW 135I Silver with Red Interior with Automatic! (freedomgli)

Quote, originally posted by freedomgli »
Pics or it didn't happen.

What's up with these posts recently? I saw a new xxx !!
And then no pictures-
On a side note-an 135 in an auto pisses me off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.