VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday, March 30th Hagestad Racing will be holding its first Speed Channel World Challenge Watch Party of the season. Come watch the Sebring race and see the front-running VW Jetta that will make 2002 a podium year for Volkswagen.
Date:
Saturday, March 30th
Time:
6:00pm-9:00pm
Metro VW Service Department, 2400 N. Story Road; Irving, TX 75062. The service department is located just around the corner from our Sales Office, which is at 2035 W. Airport Freeway.
Why:
The Speed Channel will be broadcasting our Touring Car race at 7:00pm; GT race at 8:00pm. For your viewing pleasure we will have a big screen TV to watch the races. Pizza and sodas will be provided free as well. We will have at least one and maybe all 3 of the race cars there to check out.
Our "EuroTuner magazine at Metro VW" event had more than 50 cars out showing off and people mingling. Can we double that? Maybe triple that? I think we can!
Race cars, modified street cars, old friends, new friends, free pizza and race watching. Any questions? Sounds like a date night plan; hint, hint.
Call me if you need directions or with any other questions. Darrell Taylor @ 972-659-4071. See http://www.hagestadracing.com for team info.

[Modified by TeamTaylor95, 4:01 PM 4-1-2002]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: World Challenge Watch Party in Dallas, March 30th (RJetta8V)

Good to hear. We are making plans for 100+ in attendance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: World Challenge Watch Party in Dallas, March 30th (ClownCar)

Need another reason to attend?
We will be auctioning off the front drivers-side door of the #98 VW Jetta with complete graphics. This is the car that ran so good at Sebring earlier in the month.
How cool would that look hanging on your wall at the office or home?
Giveaways include a $200.00 gift certificate, Hagestad Racing & World Challenge clothing and more!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: World Challenge Watch Party in Dallas, March 30th (TeamTaylor95)

damn
i hope it don't rain
isn't it supposed to though
or did i just jinx it
if it doesn't i just might go

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: World Challenge Watch Party in Dallas, March 30th (TeamTaylor95)

I went! It rocked! I got to see the new hagestad car, and they raffled of the door instead of auctioning it, and they had all the bubble gum you could possibly ever want. They had some really badass shirts raffled off too, but I didn't get one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: World Challenge Watch Party in Dallas, March 30th (RJetta8V)

yeah, it was pretty cool. too bad i din't win that jacket they raffled out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You from Hagestad Racing / Metro VW

Thank You from Hagestad Racing / Metro VW

A BIG thank you goes out to all that attended the Watch Party and after-party.
We had over 100 people attend and show there support for the Hagestad Racing team. The giveaways included: World Challenge hats and shirts, SCCA-Texas Region hat and shirts, Hagestad Racing team shirts and the #98 door skin.
It was great watching the VWAddiction graphics being applied on the race car. I believe I saw tears of joy coming from Ben's eyes.
Thank you to several groups that helped make it a great event.
HR & Metro - the reason for the event.
Circuit City in Irving - for use of the big screen TV and stereo equipment.
Corporate Sportswear - donating all of the cool World Challenge clothing.
Texas Region SCCA - clothing donations.
To see pictures of the event go to http://www.vwaddiction.com
For those of you that missed the event there WILL be another. Thanks again!

[Modified by TeamTaylor95, 1:32 AM 4-2-2002]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Thank You from Hagestad Racing / Metro VW (TeamTaylor95)

It was cool. Thanks for the pizza, too bad we had incliment weather. Metro is where my car was born.......sort of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts