VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Because after every show someone is on here whining about how the judges suck and its always someone with airbags and rims on a halfway decent car

·
Registered
9,821 Posts
Because after every show someone is on here whining about how the judges suck and its always someone with airbags and rims on a halfway decent car
that's just how it goes.. and it's just not the people that didn't win in the class that feel the way it is also lots of people that go to the shows feeling the same way

airbags and WHEELS are not for everyone.. some like built motors.. while others like ice

we just don't have many cars in the states hit all the marks

I'm sure you must go to many shows.. and if you do you know that show and go is falling lower and lower on the list of shows to attend

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
i've been going to this show for a few years now, and this has to be the worst year ever, first time I ever complained about a show.

Its not just the judging, its the attendees they let in that aren't VW owners, its getting my ears ringing all day, not being able to hear myself talk over the loud music, the expensive entry fee, the long wait (this show waits the longest to annouce awards) to know if you won or not.

I'm sure the club that runs this show wants to see these things so they know how to improve their fall show

·
Registered
91 Posts
i've been going to this show for a few years now, and this has to be the worst year ever, first time I ever complained about a show.

Its not just the judging, its the attendees they let in that aren't VW owners, its getting my ears ringing all day, not being able to hear myself talk over the loud music, the expensive entry fee, the long wait (this show waits the longest to annouce awards) to know if you won or not.

I'm sure the club that runs this show wants to see these things so they know how to improve their fall show
Yea the jackass with the Livingroom speakers from 1980 in his old 5 wagon should have been kicked the hell out. Not only was that car a ghetto mess but he was annoying as f*ck

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Last Show n Go i went to was two years ago and I vowed never again. Just doesnt compare to other shows. I stayed home and mowed the lawn :laugh:

·
Registered
832 Posts

just an fyi on the attendees the club running the show doesn't make the pricing nor do the have the control over the people at the gate letting the cars in. i was speaking to one of about the bmw's etc. Raceway Park controls all and any pricing for entrance and show ... tell me where u can go to a show at a place that holds big venue's and its cheap? Think not buddy!!!!!!! Not the clubs fault and as far as judging goes i would like to see u do a better job at it, being all the flaws u say u have on ur own car!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
just an fyi on the attendees the club running the show doesn't make the pricing nor do the have the control over the people at the gate letting the cars in. i was speaking to one of about the bmw's etc. Raceway Park controls all and any pricing for entrance and show ... tell me where u can go to a show at a place that holds big venue's and its cheap? Think not buddy!!!!!!! Not the clubs fault and as far as judging goes i would like to see u do a better job at it, being all the flaws u say u have on ur own car!!!!!!!
VAG Fair, Cult Classic, Brokedown, all awesome shows, all a fraction of the price of what I paid today, those dudes can put on a fun and great show

·
Registered
832 Posts
VAG Fair, Cult Classic, Brokedown, all awesome shows, all a fraction of the price of what I paid today, those dudes can put on a fun and great show
all ur looking at is the price. can u drag race at those events u gotta look at the big picture buddy..

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I go to this show to see old friends, have a good time and it's officially the start of a great show season.. Have a few complaints but nothing major to complain about, been going to this show for years.. And will continue to do so.. Had fun .....

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
You missed his point - venue sets pricing. Pricing is based on what it costs them (the venue) to run the facilities and pay all their employees, security, and track insurance. At the end of the day, the issue is price, but operations cost will always go up. The shows you mentioned, having never been to any, are all held in parks. Parks are state, city, or town funded, so their pricing is significantly lower than a private venue like Raceway Park.

However, while Raceway sets the pricing, organization, show categories, and judging procedures can definitely be handled better by the presenting groups (whomever it may be) - Raceway Park doesn't know their audience, only the presenting sponsors do.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
what cars in mkv jetta mod were supposed to place in your eyes? the dirty, damaged done nothing interior/performance ones? or the ones that had rims and airbags and nothing else? why is it everytime somebody doesnt do as well as they think they should a show sucks and the winners cars are "stock"
This. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had walked past a guy at his car just as the awards had started to be handed out, and he said to his buddy "did we win yet?" I thought to myself, really, your on bags with baller wheels. That's it. You didn't even have your hood up. Then after his class winners were anounced, he threw a tantrum. :rolleyes:

I saw no problems with the show besides the two cars blasting music. Awards were handed out promptly at 4:30, as stated in the flyer.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
well problem solved for me, i'm just no longer going to attend spring or fall show n go

·
Registered
4 Posts
not too happy with the result, two years ago got second place because first place went to a beetle with a " CHEVY V8 MOTOR" last year the judges was asking each other how to judge an air-cooled car and yesterday it was just few cars in my category and I was the only one showing the front lid and the engine, so how somebody else got more points than me? . I was thinking the consider the work and effort you put into your car ....

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
i didnt win, ill never go back. oh wait, i have learned its not even worth it to turn in your registration paperwork to be judged. who cares if you win a trophy or not. i could see if there was a decent amount of cash involved but really? :popcorn:

101 - 120 of 158 Posts