VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
i didnt win, ill never go back. oh wait, i have learned its not even worth it to turn in your registration paperwork to be judged. who cares if you win a trophy or not. i could see if there was a decent amount of cash involved but really? :popcorn:
what do you expect with that pile you drive? :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
also saw a mustang and an sk2 :screwy:
:
i didnt see the mustang but that S2k was looking pretty sick prob one of the best i have seen in a long time..... but i get it VW and Audi the show just showed me that we dont discriminate #imjustsaying

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yea judging was a joke in my opinion but no biggie, was a nice day , good to see some friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I had a great time, yeah it was expensive, but It was my first show of the year and I enjoyed checking out what everyone did over the winter:thumbup: Definitely some things that can be improved but other then that It was still worth it in my opinion

Only thing I didnt agree with was the show pricing, on the flyer it said $25 to show, then when you get there and give them $25 to show they said oh its 25 to show in the non judged category and $30 to show if you want to be judged. Are they paying judges now? Unless thats the case I didnt understand why but either way I still had fun:peace:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I had a great time, yeah it was expensive, but It was my first show of the year and I enjoyed checking out what everyone did over the winter:thumbup: Definitely some things that can be improved but other then that It was still worth it in my opinion

Only thing I didnt agree with was the show pricing, on the flyer it said $25 to show, then when you get there and give them $25 to show they said oh its 25 to show in the non judged category and $30 to show if you want to be judged. Are they paying judges now? Unless thats the case I didnt understand why but either way I still had fun:peace:
The extra 5$ is probably to pay for the trophies or something like that :screwy:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
The extra 5$ is probably to pay for the trophies or something like that :screwy:
I figured the extra $ they put on top of the regular admission would cover that, so that would be an extra 5 from each person who showed in the "non-judged category", and an extra 10 per person on top of regular admission for people who wanted to show and get judged. Thats alot of money

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe it was just me but i felt like there were a lot more cars at past spring show n go events.
This year the spectator lot and show lot felt a little empty imo.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
less cars = higher costs as well.
i have to say my motivation for SnG isn't all there but it is nice and close and WTF is $20 to hang out with some friends for a day and gather some ideas for my car.
i rolled in late around 11:15... first time I didn't leave 8am for SnG but i had a good day... and it's the first time I didn't stay for judging.
after 4 years of doing this i realized i built this car for me unlike my mk4 that i built for everyone else (while i have 2 trophy's here for it).
i probably will always attend just to kick it with some buds.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Maybe it was just me but i felt like there were a lot more cars at past spring show n go events.
This year the spectator lot and show lot felt a little empty imo.
mayb because they were calling for rain did you ever think about that just say'n :facepalm:

·
Registered
91 Posts
very true i was a little disappointed with the cars that had trophies from last years show and go that looked pretty much stock . might as well put my POS in the show
Looked stock. But far from it. Just because its not a pimp wagon doesnt mean its stock. Stock suspension is super high up. Put a car on coils next to a bagged one and duh... its gonna look like a jeep

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I go for the swap meet and drag races. I walked through the show field and only saw a few cars that made me say wow that looks nice. There are less people being creative for some reason. It's seems like everyone simply does a vr with a shaved bay or bags and wheels, that's it. People aren't trying anymore and then threads like this show up. Well over 6 years ago when I started going to shows people actually tried. I remember seeing crazy ass cars back then. They did what they saw was unique. Now everything is generic. I knew what I was going to see well before the show and that's just sad. I'll continue going for the swap meet and the drag races. Those are the only two aspects of the show that I can't already foresee what people are going to bring out.

Sent from your iPhone while I was balls deep in your sister at your moms house.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts