VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the switch in my car, got one wire going from each prong on the switch to the engine bay. I spliced 1 wire into the top wire of the harness (red one i think), and one into the middle one of the harness (brown i think). The middle wire (brown) goes to the bottom prong and vice versa. When the switch is down and I shift gears or take my foot of the throttle there's a delay, as in know no throttle respone whatsoever. When the switch is up there is absolutely no response until about 90% throttle when it just takes off. I disconnected it, but what's up with this... did I wire it wrong? If so how do i do it right..thanks guys
-Curtis

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: WOT switch Q (flawlessG60)

That doesn't sound right, maybe you got the idle switch instead
The only difference I notice with the switch on is a slightly increased idle (sometimes 1000 rpm) and a very nice throttle response.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: WOT switch Q (LysholmG60)

yeah i'd have to agree. Take the harness off and play with the switch and the WOT button to make sure you got the right 2 of 3 wires.
1 is common ground, remember. It's been awhile but if i remember right it was one of the center pins (ground) and one of the outer pins that made the circuit close correctly.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: WOT switch Q (mrkrad)

when i hit the switch will i see the contacts touch?
so otherwise what I've done seems correct?

[Modified by flawlessG60, 1:48 AM 6-1-2002]

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: WOT switch Q (flawlessG60)

What you want to do is complete the circuit. It soundslike you did it right, but used the wrong wire. Brown is the ground in VW's. Switch the other one you used and it should be fine. Remember to let the engine warm up before flipping the switch or it will sputter and/or stall.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Re: WOT switch Q (LysholmG60)

is there a way to put a electric circuit on the WOT switch to buffer it out while you shift, so you wont have to wait for the delay again? i dont know anything about electronics, but isnt there some kind of buffer that will give it a few extra seconds after you lift off the switch, kind of a anti-delay, post delay
i need a circuitry wizard to ask about this.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: WOT switch Q (g60-inside)

this is what I was thinking about... build a switch with a time delay, for those suprise races, and combine it with the cockpit switch for staged races...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts