VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is seriously considering trading his 92 gti 16v (in excellent shape) in for the new R32 that is comming out, and i was just wondering how many of you would do it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (EuroSport98)

Even those cars are basically a "Golf", there are too much differences among them.
But..
I drive my good old A2 and have much fun on it.
I switch to my 4Mo and It's also a lot of fun.
As soon as I take out any of them, I feel I have driven it forever and really like it, being one totally different to the other.
Whatever your buddy keeps, I'm sure he will be happy, but if you put all the money to the A2 (Turboed VR6 & syncro tranny) it could match or even beat the R32.
Enjoy your car whatever it is

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (EuroSport98)

quote:[HR][/HR]My buddy is seriously considering trading his 92 gti 16v (in excellent shape) in for the new R32 that is comming out, and i was just wondering how many of you would do it.[HR][/HR]​

ayup! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

btw- he better not still have that spray painted tranny

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (Big Fundamental)

only if I had an 3.2 sized turbo ( or twin turbo) kit by my side. those tihngs need a kick in the ass to be as fast as they shoulda been.

but I'd take Fred's mk4 apr over an R32.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (SauerKraut)

I'd take an even trade, then sell the R32 and buy a couple more 16v

If you're asking if I'd accept dealership trade-in value towards the down payment, duh, of course not.
Of course, I don't have a 16v, so the point is moot.

·
Registered
16,334 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (bighomie)

no...the trade in value of any mkII 16v isn't enough to make trading it in worthwhile....and no i won't buy an r32 outright either...i'd honestly rather have the new GLi

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]My buddy is seriously considering trading his 92 gti 16v (in excellent shape) in for the new R32 that is comming out, and i was just wondering how many of you would do it.
-------
ayup! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
btw- he better not still have that spray painted tranny[HR][/HR]​
I think maybe you should trade your other Golf & Rabbit instead of your GTI.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Would you trade in your 16v for the new R32? (kickice24)

I think i might have worded it wrong. He's not looking to trade it in at the dealer, he wants to sell privately.....also what would you miss the most if you went from an a2 16v to an r32

1 - 20 of 42 Posts