VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a honda s2k brand new the deal is right and the timing for me is right but is it worth trading the gti in? what would be the positives and negatives i had the chance to take one for a ride and boy does that car handle the intirior isnt great but that doesnt bother me much everything else seemed great about the car and i really like the fact that its rwd

thanx for your input

· Registered
14,425 Posts
Re: would you? (cyle313)

you are not going to see many positive respnses in here for that question. but since i see your location is only a few miles from mine. I can only say is if you get one i hope you gotta winter beater. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,005 Posts
like some other people said not as a DD... i havent seen one in the winter yet driving around on snow tries...
so if you got the extra cash laying around for one do it... but if not save for something bigger and better down the road after the GTI is paid of or what have you...

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Re: (jackmott)

Trade your GTI in already? If you enjoy losing money, then by all means, go ahead. Regardless if you're upside down in your trade, or if you break even because of previous positive equity or cash down, you'll still be taking a hit.
But I agree, the S2000 is a fantastic piece of equipment, and if I could, I'd jump all over it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,053 Posts
now that's a dumb response right there ^^ get a life.

Upsides to S2000: Manic attack engine response, perfect shifter, awesome weight balance, i actually like the interior, looks gorgeous, flawless handling. It's an amazing performer
Cons: Try driving one in winter. NJ roads are the suck too, potholes + stiff suspension and lopro tires = bent rims in a short time. Car is a beast on the highway, turns high revs at cruising speed despite the six speed, not practical at ALL, weak driveline (clutches and differentials are the suck.)
i mean it's a great sportscar but don't mistake it for a good DD.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
i could have gotten an s2000 instead of the gti, but the down side is the winter. The other bad thing is the amount of room. I needed something with alittle more room . You will def love the car if you get it, so get what is best for you.

· Registered
357 Posts
Re: (jackmott)

Quote, originally posted by jackmott »
True sports car suspension and handling

Some might argue that the uncontrollable sudden snap oversteer that the s2k is known for might eliminate its membership in that particular club.

· Registered
280 Posts
Re: (Mrb00st)

Depends on your driving style, man.
If you like the boy-racer feeling and you'd potentially take the car to the track once in a while I'd think the S2000 would be a little better suited for this purpose.
http://video.google.com/videop...30688

I can't say if I had a MkV GTI that it would be worth trading in though. Plus I don't fit too comfortably in an S2000 at 6'1".
Some people like racing their cars around - I don't like hearing the engine scream everytime I want to get power out of the engine, which I why I chose VW. The S2000 was designed to be more of a track car however, so if that's what you want, get it!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i do love both cars but i really cant trade the gti in i really love the car maybe next year i will be able to have both but i have decided the gti is def staying and winters are not a prob for me the gti wont even come out in the winter thats what the pick up is for
thanks for all your input

Modified by cyle313 at 8:09 AM 11-27-2006

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.