VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a ticket for my exhaust being to loud. i have a supersprint cat-back with a resonator, i can't even hear it, how is that loud.
oh and can anyone tell me where i can get any proof of it being DOT aprroved (so i can show to the judge). HELP

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Re: WOW! (whitemk4golf)

definitly get in touch with supersprint for your dilema.
<---------------------- gafanha da encarnacao

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Re: WOW! (whitemk4golf)

Like the others said, you can try to get in contact with the manufacturer to get proof of the exhaust being DOT-approved. However, hate to break it to ya, but this will not guarantee you'll get out of the ticket. A violation of an exhaust being too loud doesn't mean it violates Department of Transportation regulations, but you could be written the ticket for a noise ordinace type of statute as well. Fight it if you can, but just a warning don't be surprised if you still get slapped with something. I can't imagine it's a point ticket though since it's not a moving violation, so probably just a fine.

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
My friend got a Ticket for his exhuast on his Supra being too loud, it kinda saved him from a speeding ticket
the cop was too distracted

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: (whitemk4golf)

next time you get pulled over for this ask him what the exact decibal rating you need to be at to be considered "too loud" and if he could check it for you... he won't know the answer and if he somehow does he wont have anything to test it....

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Re: (86gtipos)

Quote, originally posted by 86gtipos »
..he won't know the answer and if he somehow does he wont have anything to test it....

i'd watch out for that because there are some cops that do have decibal level meters in their trunk.. and if you (the driver) comes off as being a smart ass will get slapped with a huge ticket..

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Re: (scott02dmb)

Quote, originally posted by scott02dmb »

i'd watch out for that because there are some cops that do have decibal level meters in their trunk.. and if you (the driver) comes off as being a smart ass will get slapped with a huge ticket..

Yeah exactly my thoughts, I was nailed for having a loud exhaust on my mk4 gti with a 3 inch ghl exhaust. I went to the clerk and asked what could be done. He said you really cant fight something like this, but since i had gotten 3 other tickets. I asked if anything could be reduced or negated. He reduced the price of the tickets and eliminated 1 of the others. Nice guy. Anyways ask the clerk for a reduction cause you probably wont win anything in court.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts