VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start by saying im not new at all to coilovers. ive had at least 5 sets of coils and countless sets of springs over the years including vmaxx, b&g, fk, weitec, and h&r. the best overall coilovers ive had (ride, quality, and low) were the fk silverline x coilovers i had on my mk5. they went incredibly low, rode very nicely, and were a solid build.

now, to the wrds.. i have only had them on for a little over a day, but so far so good. they ride well. not too bouncy, not too soft. just stiff enough so you dont bottom out everywhere. they seem to have been made very well, everything was solid while installing and so far no random noises have appeared. they go pretty low too.. i set all corners at 4 or 5 threads from the bottom (cant remember exactly) and all corners are about 24.5 - 25" ftg. i still need to spend a few hours dialing everything in to get it exactly right. thats pretty low for $400 coilovers! that, by the way, is with helper springs and perches in. on the drive home after the install, i took her down a canyon road and she handles like im driving on rails. everything was very very nice.

all in all, id say these are the best coilovers out there for the value. they cheaper than vmaxx (which, lets be honest, are garbage).. i would compare them to the fk streetlines (which i had on my mk5 before the silverline x). the wrds go about as low (if not a bit lower), they ride a bit better in my opinion, and only time will tell if they are built as well as the fks but im willing to bet they are.

all in all, fantastic product for the price. even if they were more expensive it would still be a great value. i also, wanted to thank john and brian at wrd for giving me a few tips and helping a bit with the install over the phone. much appreciated!

:beer:

(i know the pictures suck.. ill try to get some better ones today)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seems like there is a bit reverse rake? Did you finish adjusting them?

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
How come these are so much cheaper than other coilovers?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems like there is a bit reverse rake? Did you finish adjusting them?
not yet, hopefully i have time today or tomorrow to get it done so i can get an alignment. as of now, they are all still 4 threads from the bottom

How come these are so much cheaper than other coilovers?
because they had a special introductory price. after the 15th of april they go up to $599, iirc

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you rubbing at all? what are your wheel specs?
theyre 18x7.5 +51 i believe. not rubbing at all, but id like to get some spacers soon. maybe 5mm front and 8-10mm back. ill need to do some measuring.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Wejust ordered these for my buddys CC.. 443 shipped is pretty good deal.... Originally he wanted to gow FK for 500, but we decided to try these!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im planning on installing mine this weekend! Any tips for install? Ill be doing them myself with a friend. How long did your install take? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have these installed on my mk6 jetta as well. Do you notice any "wobbling rubber" noises going at low speeds or over bumpy surfaces? Did you keep the stock strut mounts and bushings, or did u replace in the front?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts