VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my WRD Coilover kit just before the previous sale ended. For the price they are hard to beat. This is the first set of coils I have owned so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but I looked at it as if I bought another brand with adjustable dampening I would set it and never touch it again so I did my research on what brands were a good ride and I find people were generally pleased with the WRD coils, and rightfully so. I received the set in about 5 days, which from California to Buffalo, New York is pretty quick in my book. The quality of the set is very solid and I was incredibly satisfied with everything it included. The install went smoothly and everything fit together properly, only took me about 4 hours total which is alittle on the longer side but I didn't have the strut clamp spreading tool. I have mine set about 5 threads from the bottom with my FTG at around 23.5". I find the ride to be very good but just a tad rough, which I found to be attributed to not trimming the bump stops. This problem was fixed after trimming them correctly. Id say these are a great coilover for people looking to get a good drop, with a good ride and not pay all the money they have along with their first born child. Plus with the customer service these guys have you can't go wrong. I've put probably about 1500 miles on these coils and I an very pleased with my purchase and have already recommended them to a few friends locally.
Here are some pictures of the drop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumbup: I also bought these for my 08 jetta love them so far. Only complaint I have about them is the squeaky noise I got putting them on with brand new upper strut mounts. Finally got around to putting on the 034motorsports strut mounts and in return I got a louder clunking sound d when going over small bumps. Have you noticed this with your set up as well??

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
:thumbup:

:thumbup: I also bought these for my 08 jetta love them so far. Only complaint I have about them is the squeaky noise I got putting them on with brand new upper strut mounts. Finally got around to putting on the 034motorsports strut mounts and in return I got a louder clunking sound d when going over small bumps. Have you noticed this with your set up as well??
The coilovers wouldn't have anything to do with the squeaking. It is generally the upper strut mounts, but not always. Do a little research and you'll find other things that can cause the squeaking, and hopefully you can sort out your problem :thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prior to my coils I installed springs and I had a clunking/clicking noise because one of the end link bolts was not tight enough so maybe try that.

·
Registered
31,315 Posts
The squeaking seems to occur in about 5% of MK5/6 chassis cars that install coilovers. The 034 mounts you got will take care of that. The clunking is most likely something not tight enough, so I'd double check the installation looking for something loose :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts