VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,225 Posts
Re: Wrecked Aigner cabby? (aintgotsnogarage)

Quote, originally posted by aintgotsnogarage »

Now be a good lad, Andrew, and wreck it for her.

·
Registered
18,225 Posts
Re: Wrecked Aigner cabby? (wildegurl)

Quote, originally posted by wildegurl »
I am looking for photos of a WRECKED 1991 Etienne Aigner Cabriolet. Anyone got one? Know of one?

Probably a really stupid question, but, why?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Wrecked Aigner cabby? (aintgotsnogarage)

Smart man ... and your theories could be correct ...
Let's just make up a story.....
Once upon a time you had a beautiful burgundy cabby in great condition whose name was Ruby Cabriolet. She was totalled and the accident was the other driver's fault. Due to injuries and assuming the insurance company would do it, you did did not get any photos of the wreck. Now the insurance company (whose logo is reptillian, how appropriate is that?) won't pay for the car because they said it might not have been totalled. And you lived ever after, but unhappily because you missed your car.

·
Registered
21,952 Posts
Well first off, was the wreck your fault or the other peoples? Makes a lot of difference. If they failed to take photos and are hedging about it, where did they take the car? If they took the car but you still have the title, then they have basically Stolen your car....
If they failed to document the car that is thier problem, not yours, however you are suffering because of thier neglect.
Let me know whos fault, as my answer is a little different for each case. No I am not a lawyer, and I don't tend to be, but after dealing with a "progressive" company, and a "farming" company I know some tricks.

ps.
They totaled my cabby for a rear end collision, not my fault, they paid me 3 times what I paid for the car.....
But then again I had a lot of pictures of before during and after.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (briano1234)

Briano1234
The accident was the other driver's fault. She pulled out of a driveway right in front of me.
I personally did not go take pictures because I assumed the insurance company would do it and I was unable to get there myself. This was my first accident in almost 30 years - my first as an adult. I'll admit, I was stupid when it came to the insurance company and I thought they were taking care of it. Now they are unwilling to pay anything for the car because they didn't see the damage. Reptiles.
In looking into that insurance company's records, they have quite a few unresolved complaints with the Better Business Bureau and AARP puts them second to last on their list.
Any tricks you know with the insurance company would be appreciated.
One comment I'd like to make - totally off the subject - nobody told me what happens when an airbag goes off. The accident knocked me out for a couple seconds and when I came to the car was full of smoke. I watch too much TV and I thought the car was on fire. I couldn't get the door open because of the damage and I couldn't get the power windows down. My arm was broken in 3 places from the airbag (and my boobs are still bruised). I eventually kicked my way out of the car. Turns out that smoke is what makes the airbag explode.

·
Registered
'81 Trek 614, '95 Ranger
12,238 Posts
Re: (wildegurl)

Whitney,
Quote, originally posted by wildegurl »
...that smoke is what makes the airbag explode.

And what makes the smoke is solid rocket fuel!!
I'm amazed a 15 year old air bag still deployed. Unfortunately, you crashed into the only way to know for sure.
Note the gorgeous background in the wreck pics above, sure different from anywhere local, huh?
Ron

<edit> did you have the car at a body shop? If not, at least an adjuster must have looked it over to determine it's status as a total. Either way, photographic documentation must have been made. </edit>

Modified by tolusina at 11:19 PM 4-22-2006

·
Registered
21,952 Posts
Re: (wildegurl)

First was she issued a ticket, if so then the reporting officer had to state that the damage exceeded X dollars and that personal injury happened. The Ins company is responsible for all medical claims, and Don't sign any kind of "final" form. Call the insurance sompany and start recording all your conversations....(you have to tell them that you are doing so, for thier protection.)
Second, remind them of the injury sustained.
Third, airbag deployment.
Fourth, call your insurance carrier (hopefully different) and file it as uninsured motorist...they will counter claim against the Lizard, and they can find out where your car is and get pictures....
Better yet, they shoudl tell you where the car is located, "tell them that you want ot get some personal papers from it, and you can then snap pics'
If they vasilate any longer. Just get a Lawyer, they usually start spitting money when it becomes a liability.
One thing I have learned, is those cheap disposable cameras that you get at walmart are cheap and you can throw one in every car... remember to get the ones with a flash....
Here is my car before the wreck and after. They totaled it...(I let them, I got more money from them, I had whiplash, so I still have an open claim with them.)
before

after

and don't settle for bluebook... Aigners are "special" and you can go out on the autotrader and look at prices for the cars....you won't see blue book at all...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.