VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I had my AE uploaded with APR DPP. Immediately after, I noticed cruise control would not work in 6th gear. We assumed that the tuner uploaded a fixe speed program. I went back this morning for a reflash, and JV of NEA noted that my ECU code ends in "LP" instead of "PL" as advertised on the APR website. The LP is the ECU found in 2002-03 1.8T cars (sans 337) with 5 speed transmissions. JV was going to call APR this morning in inquire about this unique situation and discuss possible solutions.
The only solution I can see is going to the dealer & state I want the correct ECU for the vehicle, which may be challenging. I imagine their argument would be that the car runs perfectly fine, and my recourse is the current ECU may alter my potential for Modifying my vehicle.
Anyone else ever check the ECU number on your 20th and found an LP?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: Wrong ECU in my 20th AE (mans442)

I just read a post about this issue on the Vortex the other day. The guy that had the problem just went back and got reflashed with the 6spd program for the 20th/337. The APR dealer should have the correct program. If they don't have the correct program for the 20th/337 spd then they are

Hope that helps
-Raj

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Wrong ECU in my 20th AE (mans442)

I can't see how you would have the wrong ECU in your car. I've never heard of a car coming from the factory with the completely wrong ECU. Did you buy it new? Maybe it was swapped out before you got it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wrong ECU in my 20th AE (GTI2856)

GTI2856 said:
I just read a post about this issue on the Vortex the other day. The guy that had the problem just went back and got reflashed with the 6spd program for the 20th/337. The APR dealer should have the correct program. If they don't have the correct program for the 20th/337 spd then they are

That would make sense if I had the correct ECU model and they uploaded the program for a 5 speed car instead of a six speed car. Twice we have tried to upload the program to a 5 speed ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts