VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 B4 GLX and i believe that it has the wrong gauge cluster.
First, my gauges don't look like any other passat.
Next, I don't even have a check engine light.

Third, there looks to be a spot where there used to be a digital screen that was blacked out located underneath the tack.

I also seen to remeber seeing this cluster that is in my car in so older VW like the corrados or something. I bought this car last year and the engine was replaced with one that has 60,xxx when the car was at 30,xxx.
I do have a working MFA
but don't know anything about my gauges.
Why would the screen be blacked out?
any and all suggestions are welcome !

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Re: Wrong gauge cluster? (izzo)

Quote, originally posted by izzo »

The blacked out screen under the tacho is for
the gear selected screen on automatic cars.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif If you have a 5-speed, then someone threw in an auto cluster. If you have an auto, then it's possible that the screen cracked or just doesn't work anymore. Like izzo said though, post a pic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wrong gauge cluster? (alkeli)

Can't post pics because i'm not on my own computer. I have to use the schools for now until i finish getting moved in.

The car is a manuel trans.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Wrong gauge cluster? (B4ThaiGuy)

looks like they might have swapped the cluster from the car where the motor came from, probably an auto car, meaning that the screen under the tach had "P-R-N-D" etc on it.
Clusters from B3's and earlier Corrado's were the same, and clusters from B4's and later Corrado's were similar as well, as far as I understand, so maybe your guages are from a Corrado?
Post pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.