VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wrong spark plugs were put in my car. I have had misfire issues ever since. I did not know they were wrong and drove my car for probably a month before realizing. Since then I have changed the coil pack and the fuel filter, and have cleaned injectors and catalytic converter. I just found out yesterday that they were the wrong ones and replaced them with the new ones. I thought this fixed the issue but after driving the car for about an hour engine light came back on (2016 VW TSI) and the misfire came back... codes say misfire on cylinder 2 and 3. I have been researching and cannot find what I need to fix or replace to fix this issue. Can someone please help!! I am wondering if the injectors need to be replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The wrong spark plugs were put in my car. I have had misfire issues ever since. I did not know they were wrong and drove my car for probably a month before realizing. Since then I have changed the coil pack and the fuel filter, and have cleaned injectors and catalytic converter. I just found out yesterday that they were the wrong ones and replaced them with the new ones. I thought this fixed the issue but after driving the car for about an hour engine light came back on (2016 VW TSI) and the misfire came back... codes say misfire on cylinder 2 and 3. I have been researching and cannot find what I need to fix or replace to fix this issue. Can someone please help!! I am wondering if the injectors need to be replaced.
How many miles are on your car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts