VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, looking for engine internals for my '88 90Q. Have been looking for a blausport 272 for a while but at this point I just want to find any camshaft and also a crank for my car because, well I want to drive it! I bought this car at the end of last year and i think it has more miles on it than I originally thought (not that I wouldn't have bought it if I knew exactly how many miles were on it lol). But anyways the odo stopped at 156k and it looks like its never been rebuilt. My camshaft is toast and I havent gotten a look at the crankshaft yet but my guess is that itll be toast as well. I would like to just go ahead and rebuild the whole engine so im also looking for a set of pistons/connecting rods if anyone has a good set. I'm not expecting someone to have all these parts just lying around so if you have only one of the parts I'm looking for you can still feel free to message me or if you know anyone who may have the parts I'm looking for or a great website of classifieds etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
532 Posts
I still have the head from my 88 parts car. The cam is in it, so I can pull that out and check it. The engine ran fine until the head gasket went out. I still have lots of little parts around, so shoot me a PM if you come across anything else you need. The 80q and 90q from 88-91 and generally the same car, so everything wl work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts