VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my speedometer tends to sit at 0km no matter how fast i'm going.
abs lights on
esc light is on.
odometer was ticking but stopped
took it to a shop in barrie where im at school currently and they scanned abs said front left sensor. they replaced it and the code didn't clear. didnt pay them left and
took it home friday going 0km an hour in 5th gear at 3500 rmp the whole way home to missisauga to my shop there where they told me my abs module was gone.
looking for part number (module)
8h0-998-375-A
the whole abs unit number that this modules attached to is
(pump+module)
8E0-614-517M
let me know if you can help thanks.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: WTB: ABS Module A4 quattro 2003 b6 (iamshayan)

ABS Module doesn't have anything to do with your speedo reading Zero. In fact you can physically remove the ABS module from the pump and drive the car with no ill effects.
Your best bet is to get your ABS module repaired. Several companies do this, but Module Master is one of the best.
Read their FAQ's to find out why it is better to repair your own module rather than buy a new or used one. ( IE. New or used modules will still have faulty design. Any new or used module will have to be recoded by a VW/Audi dealer to work with your ECU...due to serial number encryption )
http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php
Your speedo issue is a separate thing...but it could be affecting the ABS operation. Get some one to scan your car with a VAG-COM...not a generic ODB-II scanner ( OBD-II scanners have limited capabilities ).
You might want to get the speedo issue corrected first...my first thought would be a possible faulty vehicle speed sensor.

Modified by Chickenman35 at 6:02 PM 3-23-2010

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Re: WTB: ABS Module A4 quattro 2003 b6 (iamshayan)

The vehicle speed sensor inputs info to the ABS module,speedometer and a few other things. If it is faulty,nothing else can work correctly,id start from there before buying modules.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: WTB: ABS Module A4 quattro 2003 b6 (littlegreek)

thanks for your help but if i wanted help on the situation i would have posted in the b6 discussion forum,
not to be rude but.
i have already diagnosed the problem
both abs wheel speed sensors front left and right are reading 0 at all times. however when i replaced them nothing changed. so its obviously the module
on ANOTHER note i purchased one today so thanks anyways fourtitude

·
Registered
285 Posts
thanks for your help but if i wanted help on the situation i would have posted in the b6 discussion forum,
not to be rude but.
i have already diagnosed the problem
both abs wheel speed sensors front left and right are reading 0 at all times. however when i replaced them nothing changed. so its obviously the module
on ANOTHER note i purchased one today so thanks anyways fourtitude
I'm having the same issue. Replaced both sensors, checked exciter rings on axles, checked continuity of wires from sensors to module, and ran overlay wires from sensors straight to module. Still no speedo, ABS, ESP and CEL on. Im sure i need a module also. thats the only other thing left. Did the module fix your issue ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts