VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a long shot, but my CC has spent most of it's life in NY and has started to deteriorate a bit from the salt. I want to try and get ahead of this as now I have relocated to NC and don't have the threat of harsh winters anymore.

Everything on the car is solid except for the doors and the front fenders. Figured if I find replacements for these then I'll have a minty fresh CC again.

I would even consider new parts from VW but if I can find some clean parts that are already in candy white then all I have to do it swap all part components to the new shell...

Quick pic before the rust took it's toll.

Edit: Preferably near WNC!

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is this .... if it’s 2010 or up it’s covered under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually made a thread about 6 months back asking about this, and someone actually requested pics but I dropped the ball.

The way I read it was that if the rust is not "addressed immediately" then I am not covered. If you know some details that can help me out I'd appreciate it. I would like to know more about it before I go to the dealer and they tell me I don't qualify.

·
Registered
547 Posts

I actually made a thread about 6 months back asking about this, and someone actually requested pics but I dropped the ball.

The way I read it was that if the rust is not "addressed immediately" then I am not covered. If you know some details that can help me out I'd appreciate it. I would like to know more about it before I go to the dealer and they tell me I don't qualify.
Pmd

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please share the knowledge

Jusy FYI I got a thread going. I'll keep it updated there. But long story short took it to VW for corrosion warranty... All developing so we'll see where it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts