VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 VW Corrado 16V
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks @mk2g60
I am well aware of CFP, as mentioned the minimum wage in my country is $1.50 so our week currency and expensive shipping and tax would make that a rather expensive item.
Is there really no other turn signal in the VW parts bin that could be modified to fit.

Alternatively I am open to any diy suggestions?

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
I don’t think those prices are out of line, it’s unfortunate that wages are so low there.

A buddy of mine started this whole plastic lens reproduction craze by making molds of a set of repaired turn signals and then pouring his own plastic. He read up on the entire process and made it happen. That might be something you want to consider.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
THanks @mk2g60
I am well aware of CFP, as mentioned the minimum wage in my country is $1.50 so our week currency and expensive shipping and tax would make that a rather expensive item.
Is there really no other turn signal in the VW parts bin that could be modified to fit.

Alternatively I am open to any diy suggestions?
Honestly those prices are cheap, they should be charging more.

·
Registered
1988 VW Corrado 16V
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t think those prices are out of line, it’s unfortunate that wages are so low there.

A buddy of mine started this whole plastic lens reproduction craze by making molds of a set of repaired turn signals and then pouring his own plastic. He read up on the entire process and made it happen. That might be something you want to consider.
There are about 10 Corrado's in the entire Africa but I do have access to an amber RHS lens to try model and 3d print. Thanks for the moulding Idea, will definitely consider if I can lend the other side lense form one of the fellow owners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts