VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mainly looking to acquire a running, or decent condition 02Q, swapping an 07k MkV. Parts as follows if possible;

02Q trans
Shifter cable bracket (can be the oem plastic)
Axles
Trans Mount Bracket
FSi Starter
Oem FSi Clutch (with some life)

I know and have a full list of all the parts necessary for the swap, but if you know VW ;) then you know certain parts should just be bought new. I am running on a bit of a budget being this is an emergency. I wasnt planning on doing this swap for another 6 months, but my 5 spd just began it's noises. Not very interested in upgrading the 0A4, Kpf gearbox.

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do have places to source and obtain every single part needed for the swap individually. unfortunately that route ends somewhere around 3k-3.5k usd. If I were to nearly spend that much I might as well open the 02Q trans/grearbox and build while i'm at it. I wish I had the time as well money to do so but not at this moment. So mainly trying to locate someone who has a pre-existing 6spd FSi swap, or donor car. Cheers

·
Registered
Golf Mk IV, NA 1.4 LPG, 6-speed manual
165 Posts

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I am an idiot, but what does "07k mkV" mean?

Ok, this is 6-speed manual gearbox with 240mm clutch.

What is FSI starter? And OEM FSi Clutch? Is it some kind of adapter for 240mm clutch?

0A4, you mean 5-speed manaul from TDI?
07k is in reference to the 2.5L 5cyl volkswagen motor. MkV, meaning fifth generation volkswagen. What I am looking for is the 6-speed manual gearbox with the Flywheel from a volkswagen with the fsi motor. Yes it is a 240mm clutch, the flywheel from the tdi & tsi motors, don't quote me on the tdi, have 8 bolt flywheel patterns. The 2.5L 5cyl 07k has a 6 bolt. TTRS & RS3 being exempt from the 6 bolt pattern crank if i'm not mistaken and some of the earlier mk5 years, so i've read and heard. I'm not very sure about the TDI's and if they came 5speed-6speed or both. I believe it may be both. I think earlier tdi's were 5spd and later models came 6spd. The 0A4 is a 5speed gearbox correct. KPF is the trans/gearbox code. Mainly in the 5th generations. I have two KPF's both with possibly bad differentials. I'm not at all interest in rebuilding another and adding LSD, $1200 usd for the diff alone not considering ARP hardware. If you go that length might as well swap the flanges and upgrade to "Raxles" as well. I'd rather just have an extra gear and rebuild an 02Q 6 speed gearbox later on.

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is FSI starter? And OEM FSi Clutch? Is it some kind of adapter for 240mm clutch?
The FSI starter i just the starter from FSI volkswagen motor, the 2.5L 5cyl Mk V came 5spd. So when swapping to 6speed you need the corresponding starter for the flywheel, as said previously tsi & tdi are not compatible in the swap due to the bolt pattern. The OEM FSI Clutch & Flywheel assembly is the oem fsi dual mass flywheel. I know of upgrading so on so fourth, but i'm just trying to keep running on a budget for some time being. You're definitely no idiot. These cars have so many variations and revisions. To be grammatically correct I should probably space "Mk V". Also in my post add full Oem Clutch and Flywheel Assembly.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Are you still looking? I have a lot of used parts and some new parts that I collected for my Passat, but I don't know if I'm ever going to get around to the swap. You might just be able to convince me to sell you everything or at least some of the parts. I don't have a 6-bolt flywheel, but pretty much everything else. I actually have 2 transmissions, one from a '12 GTI and another from a '13 CC (taller gearing).

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you still looking? I have a lot of used parts and some new parts that I collected for my Passat, but I don't know if I'm ever going to get around to the swap. You might just be able to convince me to sell you everything or at least some of the parts. I don't have a 6-bolt flywheel, but pretty much everything else. I actually have 2 transmissions, one from a '12 GTI and another from a '13 CC (taller gearing).
apologies haven’t been actively paying attention had began to lose hope in the forum 😂 Do you still have all your spares pm what you’d like!!

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts