VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy guy s

I need to find paint to restore my center console of my gti
Does somebody know were i can found a paint that match ? Because sem discontinued the midnight blue 14533 ?or that have some left over can ?

·
Registered
784 Posts

Check post #53. Todd sent in a sample to make the formula. I got the napa red from them. Dead on.

·
Registered
1983 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
104 Posts

Check post #53. Todd sent in a sample to make the formula. I got the napa red from them. Dead on.
Perhaps I’m a dummy - who could we email/contact to procure the Midnight Blue?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Valid question. This is the company Todd got the blue and I got the red. It was like 35 bucks for a small can (pint i think) but shipping to the westcoast was like 25-30 bucks. I sprayed the dye with a purple harbor freight gun. Just call them and give them the color codes.

Custom color code for midnight blue
CC# 2019-0010
CC# 1161 for cordovan red

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Purple gun , is the shizzzz…. So is Vinyl Pro and Anne at SEM, who did the formulas several years ago.

I have spray outs posted of both colors. Slats, paid for the blue sample. If he didn’t, I wouldn’t have ordered it…. I didn’t have the need for it.

-Todd

·
Registered
1983 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
104 Posts
I had to read that a few times…. I’m curious who else ordered, or if they’re even on here.

i just clicked the link in this thread and all the info asked in this thread is answered in the Napa Red thread.

-Todd
Holy cow, that wasn’t even close to coherent.
Apologies, I have a 6 month old, and 4 and 5 year olds. I’m generally yelling at kids while I’m posting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts